Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone have any suggestions for cheap mods for a 2006 zx3 i would like to start off wit some things that i can do to visually make it look sweeter then go to performance

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
The best bang for Your buck(both visually and performance-wise, IMO) is a suspension upgrade. Not exactly cheap, but it does the most good for the overall look of the Focus and improves handling like You wouldn't believe.

Otherwise, I would recommend tint(check Your local laws on tint levels), both for looks and comfort in the Summertime.

Here is a long list of mods under $30

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175576&highlight=mods+$20

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
^^^good call on the under $30 link. an inexpensive cosmetic mod that that you can try is the home depot lip. you can paint your headlights black, or paint miscellaneous interior pieces. possibly cut down your antenna to a more desirable length?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also have a 06 ZX3 with just a few mods, but it looks great. Definitely looks a lot better with window tint. Allowed on back window and rear side windows, but typically not allowed on front side windows, nor windshield. However, you can get a lower tint for the front side windows (like say 40% for fronts and 80% for rears), and this way it won't look so noticeable that they are tinted. You can still see inside, but it looks way nicer than the super-clear factory windows.

Also, I bought a set of used SVT 5-spoke wheels, and wow... it looks like a totally different car. Strongly recommend aftermarket (or SVT) wheels to give your car a nicer look.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tints...is a good start. I have also change the antenna for a short silver one so it makes it more cool...other than that the link that has been suggested to you under $30 are really sweet...welcome to the forums :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts