Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
This one has been out for a few years now, Nick (honda hunter) tried one out in 2007 and didn't finish the build but he had a lot of fitting issues with the AC, WG, fans and rad, PS and coolant hoses.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Back a few years ago one of our members bought an OBX turbo manifold just to dissect it. Sure it looked pretty and it looked like it was all TIG welded and shiney.... but it wasnt. It was MIG welded then they had pulse welded back over top of it to make it LOOK like it was done with a TIG....... The guy that done this was Clint from SuperSnailFab... I'm sure some of you older guys will definitly remember him and you'll know he was someone that you could trust.

I'll never buy anything of theirs

·
Registered
796 Posts
haha i believe john once stated he wouldn't even put obx products on his lawn mower. says it all
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
3,450 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
i run the old style, i modified the manifold to clear a/c and i weld the waste gate flange to a runner , and change the plastic thing that pass water to another piece of another car (metal) if you want pics let me know .

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well , there you have it. Looks are deceiving. For what they are charging for it. I would spend an xtra 100 bucks or so and get the Top Speed manifold. Or something from Dom.
I had seen obx before . Just not this one. Ok now we know.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
I was gonna add what the above posted with top speeds manifold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts