Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just posting to let everyone know that this Saturday I will be going up to the guys at HTPerformance to get some upgrades installed. Currently the car has the base PowerWorks kit/tune. Baseline numbers were 234whp/190wtq.
In the works is an OD pulley which should give me 11.5-12psi max boost, a custom MAF tube/intake fabbed up by Jason at HTP, a custom HFC fabbed by Jason, and the C-F-M 2.5" flex pipe. In addition I will be adding an AEM UEGO and Oil Pressure gauge. Dyno tuning will be done by Pete at Performance Dyno by an SCT X3.
I will try to get some dyno vids and of course will have new numbers for everyone ASAP. I am not going to be taking any timing/AFR risks so it will be a very conservative tune, I am more concerned with responsiveness and driveability than ultimate power.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
Where is the dyno located? Im just j/c because im going to be needing a good dyno tune soon

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark, it's in Concord, NH. Very easy to get to, 1/2 mile of Rt.93. I'll let you know my tuning experiences with them after this weekend, but I've met Pete and while I'm a little nervous because this my car is my baby, I'm confident he'll do a good job

·
Registered
698 Posts
Awesome. I am excited to see what the new numbers will be. I do not know what numbers you are shooting for, but whatever that might be, I hope you get it.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as power goals, I'd be thrilled with 250/215 and more responsiveness. To be honest my car runs too rich especially when cold and stalls until it's warmed up. I want to keep the engine together so I'll be leaving some power on the table in the name of safety

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update guys, had a bit of a rough install day, nothing wanted to fall in to place and we were late getting to the dyno. I didn't put the OD pulley on in part to save time, in part to see what the HTP intake by itself would do. Once we got to the dyno, hardware problems prevented tuning off the stock PW tune, we simply ran out of time before it was resolved. The one performance mod we got to install and check out was a custom HFC by HTP. The HFC on the stock tune led to a 4.5hp and 6tq increase. We plan to get back up to the dyno once everything is sorted and get more numbers. I want to thank Jason and Brian at HTP, and Pete at Performance Dyno for their patience and professionalism on a trying day.

In summary, the car made 238.5hp and 196wtq. Obviously, there will be more to come.

·
Registered
190 Posts
darn thats a shame man, hope u get it all on soon enuf, but i cant wait to hear the end result. Best of luck to you and the HTP team

·
Registered
229 Posts
I will be getting my pw svt tuned soon as well, just have a few more things to do. Don't know what tuning I'm using yet, but I'll let you know if I get it figured out before you

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will be getting my pw svt tuned soon as well, just have a few more things to do. Don't know what tuning I'm using yet, but I'll let you know if I get it figured out before you
Awesome, are you upping the boost at all or just getting it dyno tuned to run better? I am contemplating going to 12psi but I'm not sure. I may be able to hit my power goals at 10psi with just the HTP intake, HFC and dyno tune....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts