1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm New to Focus
I'm New to this forum
I'm new to modding anything that has less than 8 cylinders

My question is this. The focus I got 3 days ago has already had work done to it. One of the thing is a Demon Performance Chip. Now, is this one of those cheap e-bay things or is it a quality chip? and where the hell is it in the the car? Thanks in advance for any help.[:)]

·
Registered
209 Posts
welcome to FF sorry to tell you but i have never heard of that chip, the factory ecu is by the passenger side kick plate and if you wanna see it drop your glove box and look inside and to the right--- anyone else heard of that chip???

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to FF sorry to tell you but i have never heard of that chip, the factory ecu is by the passenger side kick plate and if you wanna see it drop your glove box and look inside and to the right--- anyone else heard of that chip???
I just tried to google it but that didn't help. I think I will stop by the guys hose that I got the car from and have him show it to me. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
[welcome] and i havent heard of a demon chip either.....anyway, any mod plans you have for the car?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[welcome] and i havent heard of a demon chip either.....anyway, any mod plans you have for the car?
My current mods are in my sig. I'm thinking I probably should get a header next. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I should have pics soon, they are on the camera but not downloaded.

·
Registered
889 Posts
imo or at least what ive heard is first do the exhaust (so everything that goes outta the car) and then start with headers, throttle body and all that crap (what comes in), coz you dont want glog ur cat if get new headers, here was one guy who got the headers but not the hi-flo cat and glogged it.. so good luck with ur mods and welcome to ff :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imo or at least what ive heard is first do the exhaust (so everything that goes outta the car) and then start with headers, throttle body and all that crap (what comes in), coz you dont want glog ur cat if get new headers, here was one guy who got the headers but not the hi-flo cat and glogged it.. so good luck with ur mods and welcome to ff :)

I haven't got to get under the car yet, but I think the previous owner said the cat was removed. Currently the car sits to low to get my floor jack under it so I'm going to have to pick up some ramps.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Welcome to the forums and the cat is lacated between the radiator and the motor. Its a just look you should see if its there. Its wide. If there is a test pipe or no cat then it would be just an L shape pipe coming off of the manifold. Has for deamon chips it does sound familair. Best way to find out is see if you can get above 108 mph thats where the governor is. But you should'nt be driving that fast anyways lol. welcome to the forum again and there is a wealth of knowledge on here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the forums and the cat is lacated between the radiator and the motor. Its a just look you should see if its there. Its wide. If there is a test pipe or no cat then it would be just an L shape pipe coming off of the manifold. Has for deamon chips it does sound familair. Best way to find out is see if you can get above 108 mph thats where the governor is. But you should'nt be driving that fast anyways lol. welcome to the forum again and there is a wealth of knowledge on here.
I think I will go look at it right now. As far as the mph the kid I got the car from said he had it to 140 but I'm very sceptical of everything he has told me about the car.[bash]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can't remember who said this (on this forum), but I saw somebody post that to get a jack under their car they put some 2X6 boards in front of the tires and drive onto them and it gives the extra clearance needed to get a jack underneath.

Good luck with figuring what's already on the car! [welcome]

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
lol. i will tell you right now, that unless it has had a diable chip or an sct tune flashed in the car will not go over 105.
i ahve basicallyeverything you do (mine is an 03) with an svt airbox and no pullies or throttle body. and i'm on the stock tune.

your probably siting on an eibach sportline or pro kit. that replaced the struts, shocks, springs and swaybars. your control arms are most definitly stock.
still its not a bad little car. and its almost a clean slate truthfully. i'd stgart by making sure everything is working good and in proper mechanical order. then build it to suit your tastes. oh and have fun with the cornering. love it so much!!!

and get out to an autocross. its where this little guy really struts its stuff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
O.K I went to take a quick look at my car (I'm at work). The throttle body is the same color blue as the AEM intake and on the butterfly it says Focus Central. Their diffenatly is a cat on the car. Didn't see anything around the ecu but on the drivers side I found a box that is wired to a 6 prong plug mounted on the panel under the steering wheel.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
that plug is the obd 2 port. and you ahve a focus central 65mm tb. your car sounds like it has basic bolt ons to me. lie i said almost a clean slate.
tomorrow pull off the passenger side kick panel under the dash and drop the glove box down. look at the ecm (the silver box on the right had side looking right towards the dash. and see of the chip has been replaced. (it wont say ford and have a ford part number on the chip itself, it'll look different) but all in al lits a good start.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that plug is the obd 2 port. and you ahve a focus central 65mm tb. your car sounds like it has basic bolt ons to me. lie i said almost a clean slate.
tomorrow pull off the passenger side kick panel under the dash and drop the glove box down. look at the ecm (the silver box on the right had side looking right towards the dash. and see of the chip has been replaced. (it wont say ford and have a ford part number on the chip itself, it'll look different) but all in al lits a good start.
What size would be stock, and is it hurting more than helping without a header and or head work done. I may be wrong but you can add more fuel all you want but if you have the stock heads and cams would it be defeating the purpose?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
This is going a lot quicker than I though, which is good.

The TB is a Focus Central made 65mm unit (very good quality).
The suspension stuff really sounds like it is Eibach pro kit, again good quality.

All in all it sounds like a decent little car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts