Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
No I cant go away as much as you would like that

Lets talk about biased and unbiased , I dont sell the parts and I have no stake in the out come of the dyno gain or no gain and I own my dyno so we can take the 2-3 Hrs that this would take to properly test where am I biased ?

rdc sells the part biased , rdc needs to show the parts they sell make hp/tq or why would they be selling the performance parts biased , rdc pays the dyno shop to do what they want or need to to show to sell these parts biased

I can show you a straight up 10hp gain just from my focus power sticker put on the back window with no changes to the engine and I wont touch the car in any way , If you dont know how to do thisor how to properly run the dyno and knowing what to do to do proper back to back testing and its obvious you dont and your dyno guy let you do what you wanted

Now please tell me where I am biased and your not , who here has anything to gain from this ??? Only you , you have every reason in the world for it to show gains

Tom
If the part would of shown no gain, we would discontinue selling said part, when its sold as a performance upgrade. Other parts sold for aesthetic or audionare in a different class, however any perfomance mod that is proven to give no gain or negative gain, we would not sell, saying it makes gains.

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
FF Affiliate
30,488 Posts
No you can't, you can give an avg gain. However, when we showed gains, he was very quick to ask for a datalog, knowing not everyone can read them, if ya ask me its to try to see what we changed, even though i said all that was changed was for the TB diameter and flow characteristics. He was also very quick to say it wasnt a valid dyno, even though in the initial post it says " TB with tune test "
First if the engine cannot ingest any more air there is no change in flow characteristics this is what were trying to determine , just for argument sake if there was a gain in flow it would be small and WELL with in what the stock ECU can adjust for

2nd) by saying what your reasoning is for me to see the datalogs tells me you have no clue how to do proper testing on a dyno to test parts accurately

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,488 Posts
If the part would of shown no gain, we would discontinue selling said part, when its sold as a performance upgrade. Other parts sold for aesthetic or audionare in a different class, however any perfomance mod that is proven to give no gain or negative gain, we would not sell, saying it makes gains.
Selling the part isnt the issue , It looks better and it makes customer will little funds to add parts to there Focus and makes them feel better doing it , your the one that argued it was a performance adder

Whats wrong with saying the 63mm TB looks better , helps the hose we sell look better , we have not see much if any gains from this mod but it does look better for the cost

Tom

·
Registered
53 Posts
Literally in all aspects of performance mods in cars and bikes there's usually a # associated with a part. We as consumers know these aren't hard #'s and that differences come into play. It's just nice to get an IDEA of what we're paying for.

Hell I assume Tom has regular customers on his dyno. If he posted the dyno results with a list of each customers mods that would at least give us a rough average.

We can have the same car and same mods and you’ll make 180 wheel and I’ll make 160. Every car is different, they all respond differently, just because you get 5 horse on one car doesn’t mean you will on another. If I could sell things like that, then I have a used q tip here for sale, 300$ shipped, added 40 horse to my car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
First if the engine cannot ingest any more air there is no change in flow characteristics this is what were trying to determine , just for argument sake if there was a gain in flow it would be small and WELL with in what the stock ECU can adjust for

2nd) by saying what your reasoning is for me to see the datalogs tells me you have no clue how to do proper testing on a dyno to test parts accurately

Tom
Hahahaha, keep believing that, and we will continue to do VALID testing. Our next test will show ECT and IAT along with AFR...

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Selling the part isnt the issue , It looks better and it makes customer will little funds to add parts to there Focus and makes them feel better doing it , your the one that argued it was a performance adder

Tom
Because it IS a performance adder

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
We can have the same car and same mods and you’ll make 180 wheel and I’ll make 160. Every car is different, they all respond differently, just because you get 5 horse on one car doesn’t mean you will on another. If I could sell things like that, then I have a used q tip here for sale, 300$ shipped, added 40 horse to my car!

A 20 hp difference on an equally modded vehicle, with same tuner, very doubtful

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
FF Affiliate
30,488 Posts
I find it ironic that Tom keeps calling out RDC on #'s... when he's vehemently against posting his own #'s.
I called out rdc on his # because of the improper testing that was done , do you want to buy parts thats claimed to make hp/tq gains but they dont ? Or do they you wont know because the test wasnt done properly

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I called out rdc on his # because of the improper testing that was done , do you want to buy parts thats claimed to make hp/tq gains but they dont ? Or do they you wont know because the test wasnt done properly

Tom
Statement on main post, stock TB with tune, larget TB with tune updated for TB... how fkn hard is that to understand??? We will retest, since you are soooooo doubtful

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Maybe doubtful but more than possible

Not really, if running same fuel, same mods, same tuner, around same miles, HIGHLY doubtful

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
FF Affiliate
30,488 Posts
You have to understand from toms point of view. You can’t just go around throwing numbers and promising this is what you’ll gain. Every car is different, and if rdc says I’ll grab 10 horse off it, so I buy it and install and only grab 1 horse, or worse, grab nothing, I’m gonna be pissed off. Because every car is different, you can’t just say yes you’ll gain x amount of power.
On parts that were talking might add 1-3 HP you have to be very very careful how you do the testing , the rdc dynos alone have a 2 hp difference between dyno1 and dyno2 but no 3rd or 4th dyno was done , sometimes you have to do 3-5 dynos to get a good base line , what was that 2 hp diff from ? Many things happening , then you cant take the worst dyno and the best dyno and say thats your HP gains , you have to take the best base and the worst test part dyno or how else will you know what it actually does on each car

When you sell a part thats each part makes this small a HP gain the shop selling it shouldnt be also dyno testing it or having anything to do with it , I have no skin in the game , I dont sell them and I care what/if they make HP/TQ just to tell others thats why I made a 70mm to do testing with and cut out the intake to match it as well as bought and tested a 63mm

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,488 Posts
Statement on main post, stock TB with tune, larget TB with tune updated for TB... how fkn hard is that to understand??? We will retest, since you are soooooo doubtful
Im not doubtful , I know what it does when properly testing it , take the drive down and I will teach you how to properly test parts for free

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,488 Posts
Literally in all aspects of performance mods in cars and bikes there's usually a # associated with a part. We as consumers know these aren't hard #'s and that differences come into play. It's just nice to get an IDEA of what we're paying for.

Hell I assume Tom has regular customers on his dyno. If he posted the dyno results with a list of each customers mods that would at least give us a rough average.
rdc mouth piece ( not a put down dont remember his name ) claimed a 8hp gain from the TB/Tune , I have looked the dynos over and over and even asked him what 2 dyno # he was getting that from , 8hp from a TB/TB Tune come on ... Does anyone believe that ? Yes people will and they will buy it off there "testing" and again and again and again why people selling the parts should have NOTHING to do with the testing/dynoing not even pay to have it done

Tom

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
rdc mouth piece ( not a put down dont remember his name ) claimed a 8hp gain from the TB/Tune , I have looked the dynos over and over and even asked him what 2 dyno # he was getting that from , 8hp from a TB/TB Tune come on ... Does anyone believe that ? Yes people will and they will buy it off there "testing" and again and again and again why people selling the parts should have NOTHING to do with the testing/dynoing not even pay to have it done

Tom

Tom
I never said 8hp, I said 3 in 4th, and 6 in 3rd.... I did 3 pulls for each TB in 4th, and one in 3rd for each

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Im not doubtful , I know what it does when properly testing it , take the drive down and I will teach you how to properly test parts for free

Tom
Why don't you explain your "PROPER" testing .... I'm only 21 and don't have a clue of how to test....

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
132 Posts

Tom

Tom
I'm honestly not concerned about dyno numbers from a a single piece of an intake. TB + hose + RS airbox + filter would be pretty neat but I digress.

I mainly want to see #'s from tuning period weather it's on a stock 2.0 or modded from either you or RDC.

·
FF Affiliate
30,488 Posts
I'm honestly not concerned about dyno numbers from a a single piece of an intake. TB + hose + RS airbox + filter would be pretty neat but I digress.

I mainly want to see #'s from tuning period weather it's on a stock 2.0 or modded from either you or RDC.
Bring your Focus down and have it tuned on the dyno , then post the # others have

Tom

121 - 140 of 141 Posts