Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
See what, valid info and Data it was provided... thank you
The most valid data would be datalogs to see what was changed , see the IAT , ECT was consistant, any increase in air flow , you know the real data that would show if it was tune , actual TB gain or pure BS

A dyno and picture of you installing it isnt data those are pictures , I can show you a dyno where my Focus-Power sticker makes 1-3 hp with the customer standing there and doing the driving on the dyno

There is far more to accurately testing parts on the dyno then just bolting it on , changing the tune and doing a few runs

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
There seems to be a lot of confusion about this test maybe it was on my part , an employee of rdc posted this on facebook " our goal was to see what gains we could get with big TB and tune "

So this test wasnt for just the TB , thats where the confusion came in

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Damond Motorsports TB Spacer that is about 1". I trimmed mine down 1" and it fit. There is some space still on the TB, but the hose clamp is holding it all down. Won't be coming off anytime.

If you look at my pics on this thread you'll see how it all hooked up. Your on the right track to trim slowly,
The steeda spacer is also 1", but once I had everything in, I just could not see how I was gonna get the MST hose to work, at least without tons of trimming. The TB opening and maf housing were just so close together at this point.

I did start with tearing the front end apart to install the velossa tech snorkel, so I could have just been really tired by the time I got to the TB install.

Any way you can snag me some close up pics of your setup, maybe I can get a better idea of what I need to do.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last thing: another member posted about the intake manifold opening. I can tell you that the 2013 needs no modification. The t/b is the same diameter as the intake manifold opening.

That's all for now.

Chris
That was me. Forgot to measure when I had it all apart. Good to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The steeda spacer is also 1", but once I had everything in, I just could not see how I was gonna get the MST hose to work, at least without tons of trimming. The TB opening and maf housing were just so close together at this point.

I did start with tearing the front end apart to install the velossa tech snorkel, so I could have just been really tired by the time I got to the TB install.

Any way you can snag me some close up pics of your setup, maybe I can get a better idea of what I need to do.

Thanks.
Below is the pics posted on Page "2", you can see where the TB Spacer and how I cut it down. There is another post later on in the same Thread and how they got it to fit. Best of Luck, take your time and Don't cut to much...

Oh, I forgot... If you want you can adjust the Air Box to make It easier. I was able to get mine to fit with out moving the box, you just have to push the tube around the MAF Tube and it will fit, Take your time and measure then cut little by little. I took 1" of and it fit,

https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-ti-vct-performance-2012-current/809715-new-mst-intake-hose-fits-larger-throttle-bodies-2.html

·
Registered
85 Posts
Focus-philes:

Had a few days of toodling around town and the MST intake has sharpened up the throttle response and, I could be wrong, seems to have smoothed out idle some. Acceleration (light to moderate) is smoother. I haven't got a theory for the improvement yet (and the budding psychologists might say the improved feel exists only in my head) but the wee wifey (it's her car) commented that the car 'feels smoother' and 'feels peppier'. So two out of two drivers in our house give the MST intake tube a big thumbs up.

Now, go buy one and enjoy the fresher feelin' Focus that you will be driving. [thumb] [cheers]

Chris

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got mine in the mail today. Actually forgot I ordered it. [rofl]

Slapped it on after some trimming and went for a test drive... Anyone that thinks this part is purely for looks basically is full of sh!t. This intake tube completely smoothed out my engine above 4k rpm. It's a huge, obvious difference. I don't know if it was the mustang TB itself but my engine used to buzz/vibrate pretty bad under hard acceleration. Now it's completely smoothed out.

I'll be honest... I wasn't expecting much so this is a hell of a nice surprise.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Got mine in the mail today. Actually forgot I ordered it. [rofl]

Slapped it on after some trimming and went for a test drive... Anyone that thinks this part is purely for looks basically is full of sh!t. This intake tube completely smoothed out my engine above 4k rpm. It's a huge, obvious difference. I don't know if it was the mustang TB itself but my engine used to buzz/vibrate pretty bad under hard acceleration. Now it's completely smoothed out.

I'll be honest... I wasn't expecting much so this is a hell of a nice surprise.

Sweet, definitely great info. We have our test one coming in soon then will re-dyno by end of month

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sweet, definitely great info. We have our test one coming in soon then will re-dyno by end of month

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
It's like I figured. Having a wide open intake just makes sense vs having a severely kinked intake. I honestly thought my engine had bad vibrations because of the Fswerks RMM. [rofl]

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Anyone that wants to test the TB then the hose them both on the dyno properly the dyno will be free and the test will be done correctly

Tom
Can you just go away.... ive already said we will re-dyno this month, just to show more... it will be Stock TB, Large TB, Boot, add tune at end. You testing on your dyno makes it a biased test.... i use an unbiased dyno.... just because you showed no gains with or without tune, doesn't mean their aren't any

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can you just go away.... ive already said we will re-dyno this month, just to show more... it will be Stock TB, Large TB, Boot, add tune at end. You testing on your dyno makes it a biased test.... i use an unbiased dyno.... just because you showed no gains with or without tune, doesn't mean their aren't any

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

That might’ve been unnecessary. If he wants to dyno test for himself what’s the issue? Lmao I’d rather see 2 separate dynos than one person claiming to make gains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
That might’ve been unnecessary. If he wants to dyno test for himself what’s the issue? Lmao I’d rather see 2 separate dynos than one person claiming to make gains

He already dyno'd the TB on a stock and modded setup, with no gains, ours was the 2nd.

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
53 Posts
I find it ironic that Tom keeps calling out RDC on #'s... when he's vehemently against posting his own #'s.

You have to understand from toms point of view. You can’t just go around throwing numbers and promising this is what you’ll gain. Every car is different, and if rdc says I’ll grab 10 horse off it, so I buy it and install and only grab 1 horse, or worse, grab nothing, I’m gonna be pissed off. Because every car is different, you can’t just say yes you’ll gain x amount of power.

·
Registered
53 Posts
He already dyno'd the TB on a stock and modded setup, with no gains, ours was the 2nd.

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

We’re talking about the hose not the tb?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
You have to understand from toms point of view. You can’t just go around throwing numbers and promising this is what you’ll gain. Every car is different, and if rdc says I’ll grab 10 horse off it, so I buy it and install and only grab 1 horse, or worse, grab nothing, I’m gonna be pissed off. Because every car is different, you can’t just say yes you’ll gain x amount of power.

No you can't, you can give an avg gain. However, when we showed gains, he was very quick to ask for a datalog, knowing not everyone can read them, if ya ask me its to try to see what we changed, even though i said all that was changed was for the TB diameter and flow characteristics. He was also very quick to say it wasnt a valid dyno, even though in the initial post it says " TB with tune test"

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
We’re talking about the hose not the tb?

He said tb, then hose, but since his test showed no gain in TB, would be redundant. Hose is specifically made for TB

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
129 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Literally in all aspects of performance mods in cars and bikes there's usually a # associated with a part. We as consumers know these aren't hard #'s and that differences come into play. It's just nice to get an IDEA of what we're paying for.

Hell I assume Tom has regular customers on his dyno. If he posted the dyno results with a list of each customers mods that would at least give us a rough average.

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Can you just go away.... ive already said we will re-dyno this month, just to show more... it will be Stock TB, Large TB, Boot, add tune at end.
No I cant go away as much as you would like that

You testing on your dyno makes it a biased test.... i use an unbiased dyno.... just because you showed no gains with or without tune, doesn't mean their aren't any
Lets talk about biased and unbiased , I dont sell the parts and I have no stake in the out come of the dyno gain or no gain and I own my dyno so we can take the 2-3 Hrs that this would take to properly test where am I biased ?

rdc sells the part biased , rdc needs to show the parts they sell make hp/tq or why would they be selling the performance parts biased , rdc pays the dyno shop to do what they want or need to to show to sell these parts biased

I can show you a straight up 10hp gain just from my focus power sticker put on the back window with no changes to the engine and I wont touch the car in any way , If you dont know how to do thisor how to properly run the dyno and knowing what to do to do proper back to back testing and its obvious you dont and your dyno guy let you do what you wanted

Now please tell me where I am biased and your not , who here has anything to gain from this ??? Only you , you have every reason in the world for it to show gains

Tom

101 - 120 of 141 Posts