Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 141 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
I’ll be willing to come down. I already have the larger throttle body and could get the hose for testing. (Im in VA so it’s not that bad of a drive)
Sure let me know when

Tom

·
Registered
129 Posts
You just dont understand how HP/TQ works , it always , always , always about HP and TQ , you cannot in any way get to your " power band " faster with out an increase in HP/TQ

Any increase in HP/TQ you can feel , you cannot feel its faster with out an increase in HP/TQ

ANY increase in being faster is a gain in HP/TQ and is measurable on a dyno , if the dyno doesnt show a gain THERE IS NO GAIN !

Larger TB and this hose WILL NOT add to your combination for gains in HP/TQ any one that doesnt believe that bring your Focus to my Dyno for a free dyno to prove this yet again or got back many years and find the post where all this way thoroughly tested

Tom
That's not exactly true. As an example most motorcycles have a way of opening the throttle bodies quicker via selectable power modes or quick turn throttles. Those definitely "get you into the power band" quicker.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We have a dyno day setup for this Saturday, will be doing stock vs larger tb comparison... using stock intake tube. We will post pics, video and dyno results

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
Use the new 63mm tube too! I ordered one the other day so I'm curious. [8D]

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Use the new 63mm tube too! I ordered one the other day so I'm curious. [8D]
Waiting on more atm

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Waiting on update as we speak...

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
That's not exactly true. As an example most motorcycles have a way of opening the throttle bodies quicker via selectable power modes or quick turn throttles. Those definitely "get you into the power band" quicker.
Its 100% true on all Foci to date , larger TB didnt help the Zetec , SVT or the previous 2.0 /2.3 Duratec , this isnt a Motorcycle its a Focus , I made the first larger TB for the MK3 , it was a 70mm which is much larger then the one people are using , so with that knowledge the 70mm should make more HP then a 63mm so why not add a 90mm and really make some HP and yes there was pictures so it is documented just have to go find it , if it had made more HP/TQ I would of made more and sold them , I dont sell things that dont make HP/TQ I leave that to the other guys , why would I want to sell a part just to sell parts , I dont need the money that bad and I have more respect for my Customers

Come on guys this isnt rocket science , bigger isnt always better and it for sure doesnt mean bigger always makes more HP/TQ

I cannot believe the mentality of bigger ? has to make more HP/TQ is still out there , lets to a 90mm TB , 4 inch intake pipe , make a adapter and hog out the intake to 90mm , 12 inch filter that should gain what 20+hp ???????

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Its 100% true on all Foci to date , larger TB didnt help the Zetec , SVT or the previous 2.0 /2.3 Duratec , this isnt a Motorcycle its a Focus , I made the first larger TB for the MK3 , it was a 70mm which is much larger then the one people are using , so with that knowledge the 70mm should make more HP then a 63mm so why not add a 90mm and really make some HP and yes there was pictures so it is documented just have to go find it , if it had made more HP/TQ I would of made more and sold them , I dont sell things that dont make HP/TQ I leave that to the other guys , why would I want to sell a part just to sell parts , I dont need the money that bad and I have more respect for my Customers

Come on guys this isnt rocket science , bigger isnt always better and it for sure doesnt mean bigger always makes more HP/TQ

I cannot believe the mentality of bigger ? has to make more HP/TQ is still out there , lets to a 90mm TB , 4 inch intake pipe , make a adapter and hog out the intake to 90mm , 12 inch filter that should gain what 20+hp ???????

Tom
Really, comparing an excessively oversized Tb to the 63mm, there is a such thing as overkill, and going to large can cause power loses, stop talking to people like you are the tuning god and know everything, and talking to them like you think they are stupid.

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
129 Posts

Tom
I never said anything about increasing HP/TQ. On a motorcycle that's not what's happening. The throttle body is just opening faster so the engine is more "responsive". In fact there's an opposite mode where the TB opens slower called rain mode.

Could be a similar sensation we're feeling with the 63mm TB.

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Really, comparing an excessively oversized Tb to the 63mm, there is a such thing as overkill, and going to large can cause power loses, stop talking to people like you are the tuning god and know everything, and talking to them like you think they are stupid.
Well sure its to big that was the point and if it was anyone but me saying this you would agree with what my point has been , just because you go bigger dosnt mean it will make more HP/TQ and if the dyno doesnt measure it there is no gain on the track if it isnt showing on the dyno

I am a great Tuner and I have dynoed more then you will ever do that does give me a step up , I dont have to set appointments to dyno and I dont have to pay to dyno so I can do more testing on things then you can so again gives me a leg up on Tuning and testing

But with your mentality of one dyno doesnt mean anything you have a long way to go because all your dynos are worthless till another dyno shop does the same testing , YOUR WORDS

You sell these parts so there is no doubt you will make things show 1-3 hp/tq , I dont sell these parts and have no skin in the game but my dynos are worthless in your words because there only one dyno

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Well sure its to big that was the point and if it was anyone but me saying this you would agree with what my point has been , just because you go bigger dosnt mean it will make more HP/TQ and if the dyno doesnt measure it there is no gain on the track if it isnt showing on the dyno

I am a great Tuner and I have dynoed more then you will ever do that does give me a step up , I dont have to set appointments to dyno and I dont have to pay to dyno so I can do more testing on things then you can so again gives me a leg up on Tuning and testing

But with your mentality of one dyno doesnt mean anything you have a long way to go because all your dynos are worthless till another dyno shop does the same testing , YOUR WORDS

You sell these parts so there is no doubt you will make things show 1-3 hp/tq , I dont sell these parts and have no skin in the game but my dynos are worthless in your words because there only one dyno

Tom
One tuner dynoing doesn't offer comparisons, Idgaf if you have a dyno, or think you are a great tuner, that point is mute. Grow TF up.. you do you, and ill do me. I have always shown before and after dyno comparisons, and you have not ... people want data and info not hearsay .. "I'm a great tuner and own a dyno, so I AM GOD" give me a break

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Because you didnt see the Pictures / dynos doesnt mean there wasnt any , I showed pictures and dyno and it was talked about in detail my myself and another guy that dynoed his Focus and a few others that chimed in

You always like to make it like your inventing the wheel and you didnt , God , Not even close , great Tuner , Fabricator , Engine builder yes , you should try it !

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Because you didnt see the Pictures / dynos doesnt mean there wasnt any , I showed pictures and dyno and it was talked about in detail my myself and another guy that dynoed his Focus and a few others that chimed in

You always like to make it like your inventing the wheel and you didnt , God , Not even close , great Tuner , Fabricator , Engine builder yes , you should try it !

Tom
Just for you

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
439 Posts
Here we go again...

So you still not have explained away the articles posted about TB response and larger TB will add HP/TQ down the road with your set up. Each part is a piece of the puzzle and once you have all the pieces together is when you will see the benefits of your hard work.

There's more then just HP/TQ, just like adding gears to your set up. In a Mustang or even a Focus you want depending on your set up 3.55's to 4.10's (Mustang, not sure for the Focus) They allow you to reach your power band quicker without adding HP/TQ. It allows your engine to rev faster and reach the optimum power band for each shift if it's a stick and/or the same for the Auto where tuning comes into play.

There's More then having a 1000ft/lb. torque when you can have 900 and still pull more.

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Here we go again...

So you still not have explained away the articles posted about TB response and larger TB will add HP/TQ down the road with your set up. Each part is a piece of the puzzle and once you have all the pieces together is when you will see the benefits of your hard work.
Ill say this again , I am all for a combination of parts that work together but adding parts to that combination that dont help or work with the other parts wont help with the overall combination of parts or gains in HP/TQ , Thinking a part should help and add HP/TQ just because you read about it helping on other cars or Motorcycles doesnt mean it actually works on your Focus , Its like the gorgeous sheet metal Intake Manifold that was made for the MK3 everyone though they would gain HP/TQ but they lost both HP and TQ

So here is a combination for you , Sheet metal custom Intake manifold , larger TB , TB spacer , hose , will make less HP/TQ then a stock engine , The combination has to be the correct combination of parts or you wont gain any HP/TQ

There's more then just HP/TQ, just like adding gears to your set up. In a Mustang or even a Focus you want depending on your set up 3.55's to 4.10's (Mustang, not sure for the Focus) They allow you to reach your power band quicker without adding HP/TQ. It allows your engine to rev faster and reach the optimum power band for each shift if it's a stick and/or the same for the Auto where tuning comes into play.
Now your talking gearing , Gearing is day and night different that what were talking about here , lets deal with the hose and TB

There's More then having a 1000ft/lb. torque when you can have 900 and still pull more.
So your saying under the same combination on both cars that 100 pound foot of TQ less will be faster then 100 pound foot more under the same conditions ?? Please tell me that isnt what your saying

Tom

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ill say this again , I am all for a combination of parts that work together but adding parts to that combination that dont help or work with the other parts wont help with the overall combination of parts or gains in HP/TQ , Thinking a part should help and add HP/TQ just because you read about it helping on other cars or Motorcycles doesnt mean it actually works on your Focus , Its like the gorgeous sheet metal Intake Manifold that was made for the MK3 everyone though they would gain HP/TQ but they lost both HP and TQ

So here is a combination for you , Sheet metal custom Intake manifold , larger TB , TB spacer , hose , will make less HP/TQ then a stock engine , The combination has to be the correct combination of parts or you wont gain any HP/TQ

Now your talking gearing , Gearing is day and night different that what were talking about here , lets deal with the hose and TB

So your saying under the same combination on both cars that 100 pound foot of TQ less will be faster then 100 pound foot more under the same conditions ?? Please tell me that isnt what your saying

Tom
Ok, so we are talking just the engine and not the whole package? That sums it all up nicely. [idea] I'm talking the whole package and not just and engine... [drummer]

Gearing is a HUGE in getting to your power band and getting off the line quicker then the guy next to you. This is huge when you are dealing with power adders to. Without the gearing you aren't going anywhere.

But were just talking the Engine...

Well that depends on who built the intake and the amount of R/D that was done to prove it works before putting it on the market. Plus was it set up for NA/Turbo etc... Just because there was a failed intake doesn't mean someone else won't come out with a better one and does produce HP/TQ.

Not really; per say, but you can have a car with tones of power and without the right combination and can't put the power to the wheels and you'll loose to a less powerful car who has the right set up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been watching this thread for awhile and I did order this hose.

Tonight Ill be installing Steeda 63mm TB spacer, 63mm TB, MST hose for 63mm TB, RS airbox, Cobb filter and velossa tech wide mouth snorkel.

Do I expect much of an increase in power? Nah. I would like some throttle response increase though. That would be nice.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Been watching this thread for awhile and I did order this hose.

Tonight Ill be installing Steeda 63mm TB spacer, 63mm TB, MST hose for 63mm TB, RS airbox, Cobb filter and velossa tech wide mouth snorkel.

Do I expect much of an increase in power? Nah. I would like some throttle response increase though. That would be nice.
With the spacer it may be tight

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

61 - 80 of 141 Posts