Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This product is just out, available from Rebel Devil Customs...good news, i'd probably buy one, my oem hose is kinked pretty good right now with the bigger tb and steeda intake.

https://rebeldevilpower.com/index.php/rdc-store0/focus-sport-sub/2012-focus-performance-products/product/157512-2012-focus-mst-intake-hose-for-63mm-tb

A question for mike if he sees this: Are the PCV and crankcase tubes still super tight like the original, on the original I could not get them in without cutting slits and using zip ties.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
This product is just out, available from Rebel Devil Customs...good news, i'd probably buy one, my oem hose is kinked pretty good right now with the bigger tb and steeda intake.

https://rebeldevilpower.com/index.php/rdc-store0/focus-sport-sub/2012-focus-performance-products/product/157512-2012-focus-mst-intake-hose-for-63mm-tb

A question for mike if he sees this: Are the PCV and crankcase tubes still super tight like the original, on the original I could not get them in without cutting slits and using zip ties.
Probably snug, but use a little vaseline or oil on em ;)

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably snug, but use a little vaseline or oil on em ;)

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
THAT usually works [thumb]

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks for the Update!!

Thank you for the Update on this New Product; just wish I knew about this sooner. I just purchased a Blue one and hose clamps on the 2 Jan.

I'm in the process of returning the products now( I will probably just keep them as a back up just in case this one got damaged) I placed an order for the new one.

I wanted black before so this will fit right in with my combination. I have a TB Spacer and I'll hopefully don't have to trim anything to get it to fit my combination.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Forgot, did they mention on when other colors will be available? I know others would probably like to know.
Atm no, but once they update us, we will post

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
439 Posts
Blue one for Sale

Thank you for the Update on this New Product; just wish I knew about this sooner. I just purchased a Blue one and hose clamps on the 2 Jan.

I'm in the process of returning the products now( I will probably just keep them as a back up just in case this one got damaged) I placed an order for the new one.

I wanted black before so this will fit right in with my combination. I have a TB Spacer and I'll hopefully don't have to trim anything to get it to fit my combination.
Well, I can't return the Blue one I have, but if anybody is interested in it, PM me. Brand New in box and Free S/H.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The original mst was very difficult to get onto my steeda intake, I wonder if this one will be the same

·
Registered
439 Posts
I highly doubt it would fit the Steeda intake tube better. This one is mainly for those who have a larger TB with a stock MAF. I could be wrong as I haven’t measured it or installed it yet. I know others on the thread are installing today, so we should have an idea soon.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the larger throttle body the stock tube is getting partially caved in, I may have to trim a bit off one of the ends of the MST but im sure I can make it fit, just might make removing and reinstalling the steeda intake a pita

·
Registered
128 Posts
With the larger throttle body the stock tube is getting partially caved in, I may have to trim a bit off one of the ends of the MST but im sure I can make it fit, just might make removing and reinstalling the steeda intake a pita
Be careful taking the stock hose back off the throttle body. Mine wouldnt budge, and I just broke the plastic coolant hose im the process of forcing it off. Looks easy to replace at least [facepalm]

·
Registered
439 Posts
Pics

[drummer] I got mine installed, but I had to do some trimming [ninja] to make it fit. The two little hoses I cut off so they were just little nobs left to fit the factory Hard plastic sensors.

Plus I have a 1" Damond TB Spacer, so I had to trim about 1" off. I could have trimmed a little less but it all worked out. Without further ado[popcorn]

IMG_9232.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg

IMG_9234.jpg

IMG_9235.jpg

IMG_9236.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
It looks pretty good. Post an update on how you feel about it after driving it around!

I'm not sure if its 100% worth it, or if it even adds anything; but I'd love some more information on it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It looks pretty good. Post an update on how you feel about it after driving it around!

I'm not sure if its 100% worth it, or if it even adds anything; but I'd love some more information on it.
I would say its well worth it [idea] and will add better throttle response and give you a slight advantage [thumb] over someone else who doesn't have it. It will open an almost straight shot to your TB. You won't see it on the dyno, but in the real world you feel the extra punch w/ better throttle response.

It'll take a little while for the computer to learn the extra air flow and adjust the Throttle response. I will say it has quieted my exhaust at idle, but at WOT it will still scream. More to come...

·
Registered
439 Posts
The larger TB and hose dont add any performance

Tom
I would disagree on this, not performance you will see on the dyno but it will show up on the track. In real world settings just like adding the ST Snorkel it allows for better air flow to the filter which adds better off the line response.

Just like when you replace the Steel flywheel and add and aluminum it lightens up the unsprang weight which allows for faster RPM's to get to your power band. Adding the larger TB and hose gives the engine more response which does almost the same thing. More response, faster RPM's to reach your power band.

Its all about the combination [hihi] of your set up, one item won't add allot but when you add it all in your combination, that is when you will see power gains. Granted it won't be much 1-5 hp maybe, but what you have and the other guy doesn't gives you the advantage. [headbang]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Focus-philes,

My 2 cents:

The smooth finish is nicer, imo, than the stock accordian-pleated tube and it fits the bigger throttlebody better. It's not a very expensive upgrade.

Tom knows the numbers so I don't disagree that the performance gains are negligible but I put the bigger t/b on to sharpen up the throttle feel and response. It's not an expensive upgrade and it is dead easy to do.

And who can argue with spending <$150 to get some wrench time and some pizzazz under the hood?

Chris

1 - 20 of 141 Posts