Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am freaking ecstatic, news taday about a 624mil motorsport park will be built in either a few towns down from me or in the next county which is only a half hour away!

Its gonna have 4 tracks and from the looks of it, its gonna be GREAT.

1.7/10 mile oval speedway with banked turns.

2. 3.5 mile road corse

3. 1/4 mile drag strip (only 1/4mile strip in lower alabama!)

4. 3/8 oval dirt track.

In about 3 years it should be done and I should be ready for running!

BIG
[woot]

Jon

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
701 Posts
focusin said:

In about 3 years it should be done and I should be ready for running!

BIG
[woot]

Jon
It's exciting that they are building one in your area but be done in 3 years? I know it takes a long time but either your really excited about this or your getting excited tooooooooooooooooooooooo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oooooo early.

[8]

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The plans are already down name picked and all thats waiting is location.

Edit*

I was told three years but I read the artical myself and its 22months (I know about 2 years) but still its been decided and its gonna happen.

Also the reason I am soo excited about this is b/c there are no raod corses/ 1/4 strips ANYWHERE in this part of alabama.

This is realy going to change the area and its (so called) car scene.

Besides i am thinking about alot of focus meets.

Jon

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Lucky basterd!

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I thought Atmore was 1/4 mile.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope atmore is 1/8, and so is Mobile.

I think the nearest 1/4 is Pensacola, too far out of my way to drag race. With this happening I realy hope to get the street races (the little that there is) out of mobile and on an actual track. They do hold a few "circuit" type races and they are more than dangerous out there on airport blvd to D.I.P. and back.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Pensecola is not that much farther than Atmore. I grew up in Navarre Beach. We use to go to Pensecola all the time there was also an 1/8 in Hull.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I know its not much of a diffrence in drive time, thats whay I just hit Mobile instead. Also in Atmore helmets are required, I like the practice but realy what am I gonna do with a 10.4sec 1/8 car the standard safty equipment in my car will not take care of.

I dont have a helmet yet and nor do I race enough to bother getting one, now when this track opens you can bet I will have one ready.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I'm going to have to check this out when i'm back home visiting my family.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are pictures of the plans in the newspaper. If I can remember to bring one home I will scan it and post up the two plans.

The one in Baldwin county looks MUCH better than the one in mobile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts