Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone I am new to this site and this is my first post. I have a 2014 Ford focus sterling gray that is pretty much stock right now. I have ordered k&n cold air intake, magnaflow cat back system sct program, off-road exhaust header. I am having second thoughts about putting on the off-road exhaust header not sure if this will help or hurt me as far as performance and gas mileage? Does any of y'all have an idea of what I can expect with these mods? or any suggestions on a different direction I should move in? I really regret not getting the ST as it was not much of a price difference but I drive a big truck and was looking for maximum fuel mileage was the only way I can justify getting a new car.

Thanks and advance to anyone who can help.

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Welcome to FF. Looking for max mpg= means no ST. Intake, header w/ a tune will help power & mpg. In & out stuff makes the motor more efficent, whether a little or big motor. I'd also lower it = 1.5'' drop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! I was wondering where you bought/got your magnaflow exhaust system installed at? I've been wanting to upgrade the exhaust for quite some time now. I

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Maybe more efficient but pulling in more air means more fuel too unless your really easy onnthe throttle but then that kinda defeats modding the car for more power. Not big on the header only because they are a bit of a poor bang for the buck mod but would be curious to see a few dynos of I/H/E with a tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey guys thanks for the help! i have always had nice cars, mustangs, 2 lightnings and F250. but with a job change i drive 150 miles + a day and kids now so the 12mpg got way too $$$$$
i do drive ez most of the time and try to get mpg max but like to have a little fun too.
i didn't get any of the parts in yet ordered them last week should get all in by Friday i hope. i will be doing all the work myself i am pretty good at that stuff rebuilt my transmission in my F150, new 4:10 gears and a locker last year and put it all back together - it worked! lol... i am in construction i build stuff also a welder so that helps out a lot. i did have trouble finding a high-flow header with cat, well i didn't find one that's why i got the off road one. this is pretty much the same thing i know helps the other cars i have had so was kind of just going off what i know works. right now i get 32mpg and an ez 37mpg worse i ever got was 27mpg but that was with (e85) took me 2tanks of gas to start getting back in the high 30's again best i got was 39mpg. I feel like with the now mods i might could see 40mpg. And i just ordered everything off ebay they were the best price i could find

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Maybe more efficient but pulling in more air means more fuel too unless your really easy onnthe throttle but then that kinda defeats modding the car for more power. Not big on the header only because they are a bit of a poor bang for the buck mod but would be curious to see a few dynos of I/H/E with a tune.
Header(s) depends on the car model & popularity vs price.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Do you realize how many miles driving it takes to recoup the money versus mpg gained?
The op already ordered a int, tune, header w/ exhaust system. Seems like he is interested in mpg vs miles to recoup his investment.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
A DCT... Ouch!
Its not my car, if the op doesn't want to shift oh well. He's asking 'bout brakes= options on what other ppl are running for brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts