Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished (thank God for my heated garage) painting my mirror caps. I apologize for the dirty car, it's been snowing up here non-stop. Also, for some reason, in the picture it looks like the paint doesn't match...it does match though. I also cleared them to give it that factory look.

Please tell me what you think! [dunno]

A side note: I will be getting a roush scoop within the next couple of weeks, so that will be a nice addition [strongman]

Attachments

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
looks good.
what did you all do? i am looking to do this soon!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is actually a simple and easy thing to do. just pop off the caps from the mirrors, sand them down, lay down some coats or primer and sand between the coats, than lay some paint down, than put some clear over the paint. It took me about 4 hours to do, but MOST of that time was the time it took for the paint/primer to dry in between coats.

i'd say go for it!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
it looks good man. good job

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks awesome! [thumb]

Now paint your chrome grille (red)!
ya know, I was actually thinking about painting it red to match the color of my car. I'm just afraid of it chipping off due to the grill being prone to flying rocks...does anyone have experience painting their grills?

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Faboo!

5,155 Posts
levin.matthew said:
ya know, I was actually thinking about painting it red to match the color of my car. I'm just afraid of it chipping off due to the grill being prone to flying rocks...does anyone have experience painting their grills?
I've had mine painted for almost two years, and it's chipped a little. I did it with cheap paint though. But its totally worth it.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
paint the grille too now! sure someone said it already, but it'll look better with the mirrors and the lights and the scoop, do it!

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
looks good

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Looks great man. As for the grill, they made red ST's, so you could buy an oem painted
grill and just swap the black center part out with the silver st center, since the black looks better.

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Looks great man. As for the grill, they made red ST's, so you could buy an oem painted
grill and just swap the black center part out with the silver st center, since the black looks better.
^X16,287,316

crome ftl.

looks nice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts