Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I need to sand it down again and make it fit a little better but i got too impatient lol.
Also Im curious as to how noticable it is, so thanks for the help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Interesting idea but why did you do the driver side? Or do you plan on doin both. It looks a little wavy I dont know if thats the paint or bondo or whatever, but I cant wait to see the finished product. :)

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
what was the point behind getting rid of the mirrors? looks like it needs more work to get smooth or its just a bad picture... also the front bumper doesnt seem to fit the fender arch....

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
I thought it is against the law to drive with out a drivers side mirrow.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
^It is. The only mirror you don't have to have is the passenger side mirror.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to put a camera on the back. It should be a wide enough view to see everything that I cant. I already have the tvs too hook the camera or 2 to.

The mirrors just seem in the way to me wit the doors how they are. I was goign to do both of them and yeah its illegal but I dont feel like its all that noticable and I think that when I have the camera hooked up I could get out of a ticket for it.

Ive got painted door handles from a ST so soon all the black plastic shit will be gone haha. So I think it will look a lot cleaner anyway after I get it looking better.

·
Registered
451 Posts
why not mould cameras into the mirror spots?

you can get colour with night vision for fairly cheap and they are designed to fit in the keyhole of a trunk lid

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea theyre like 20 bucks i thought about that too I have some taillights im fooling around with that i thought i would mount them in but yea that would work too and maybe better since itll show beside me, ill hafta think about it.

good idea!

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
It needs more work. Its just awkward not seeing mirrors. Kinda like the guy in Arizona that removed his wipers. Which did end up looking very clean after it grew on me. Little more work and this may grow on me ;).

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
its a unique concept....if it was a show only vehicle I would say its sweet but since its on a daily driven car it seems a bit impractical.
the camera idea seems really cool and a little futuristic [:)] maybe you could make some tiny pods on the mirror spots to allow the cameras to mount where the mirror should be since just mounting a camera in the back wont get you out of a ticket as you will have huge blind spots

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
looks good.
and iove your plate, I rode with a kid who we always called jew boy. (he was fine with it)

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
um........

one day you may look back at this and go..."huh, must have been a phase".......i hope......

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
to me, it looks like your car is missing something...somthing important...YOUR MIRRORS! [slap]

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
It needs more work. Its just awkward not seeing mirrors. Kinda like the guy in Arizona that removed his wipers. Which did end up looking very clean after it grew on me. Little more work and this may grow on me ;).
it does look awkward

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Ok, You removed a mirror. Illegal. Plain and simple.

Back up camera, great for backing up. You have a TV in the car, great, although ILLEGAL to use while car is in motion. Using said tv in place of your mirrors, is ILLEGAL. I hope a cop pulls you over and confirms this all with a nice ticket. Please put your car back to having both mirrors.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
^whoa! i sense some anger... I think the camera thing is cool. go for it

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
No, just ignorance for the law.

I hate seeing people do illegal shit because they think it is cool. This puts others at risk, and that isn't right in my book.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts