Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have been lurking in the shadows here. As a non-owner, I have learned so much from all of you. Getting ready to step it up a notch on buying a Focus, so I decided to register. Will post a couple of questions soon on a potential ride.
Thanks.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Welcome to FF. Any idea as the yr or model your looking or thinking about? How much $ you want to spend? Or mod ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking at manual 5 speeds. While my first choice would be a new '14 (not many around), I am looking at a '12 manual with 31000 miles.
I see great deals on new '14s with the auto, but am leary to say the least. Have the bugs been worked out with these automatics or is this an ongoing concern? I have read dozens and hundreds of posts here relative to the dual clutch system and cannot overcome my fear of having issues.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I am looking at manual 5 speeds. While my first choice would be a new '14 (not many around), I am looking at a '12 manual with 31000 miles.
I see great deals on new '14s with the auto, but am leary to say the least. Have the bugs been worked out with these automatics or is this an ongoing concern? I have read dozens and hundreds of posts here relative to the dual clutch system and cannot overcome my fear of having issues.
Great that you'd go for a manual, I would also.

·
Registered
293 Posts
stay away from the new automatics they use a first design dry clutch system that shutters if any kind of fluid gets on them. manual is better for fuel econ and they are alot more fun to drive. have you thought about an older model focus. the svt focus is rare and harder to find these days and i love the styling of the mk1.5 i also belive their are more after market support for the older foci.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts