Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! A fellow Focus driver told me about this forum so I decided to check it out! I'm a college student in Indiana and I drive a 2003 Red SVT! I got her about a year ago and she had 112k miles when I got her! I wasn't a fan because I've never driven a manual but I love her now! She also has an after market radio system and an 8" sub in the back!

Can't wait to learn more about my Focus and discuss in the forums :)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome to FF!

Looks like it's in nice shape.

You lucked into a nice sports coupe that is quite desirable & can last a long time with regular maint.

I'll throw out the obligatory warning on the Timing Belt. If you don't have records of when it was replaced it is an essential to get that done. Over 100,000 without replacement it can go at any time & that does major damage to the engine (bent valves), an avoidable problem that makes many SVT's parts cars when owners can't afford the repair.

SVT's are great fun to drive in the stock configuration, and many Focus owners acquire parts meant for them to upgrade the lesser models to that spec..

Enjoy!

HaHa - I see Pasta beat me to it while I was typing...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
No way to be sure when it was done unless marked in books/receipts/under the hood.

Pulling a cover to see how it looks is better than nothing, but unless it's REAL fresh you can't tell the difference between replaced a while ago or never done unless it looks trashed.

Buying at 112,000 there's a REAL good chance it was sold before doing it to avoid the maint. expense.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nice pick up! SVTs are quirky, little cars that have their own uniqueness of their own… I enjoy mine greatly! Be sure to check into the forums here for any issues or any woes that may come up… these can be finicky cars as well, but with proper maintenance they can last you for years to come!

We could use a few more pics of your car as well… It appears it's had the headlights upgraded to the HID setup and had the side markers replaced for clears. It's possible the car could have been well cared for/upgraded by previous owners.

Get checking on the timing belt as noted, you don't want to damage the entire engine if it breaks way. Other fidgety issues can be exhaust O2 sensors and thermostat housings…. as stated, keep up with the forums, and they'll steer you in the right direction for cheap parts and cheap fixes.

Good luck with the car! Look forward to seeing more of it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll take some more pictures tomorrow! That was the only one I had and wanted to post asap! I've replaced the clutch already so I'm no stranger in investing in my lovely focus!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'll take some more pictures tomorrow! That was the only one I had and wanted to post asap! I've replaced the clutch already so I'm no stranger in investing in my lovely focus!
that's PERFECT! I too had to replace the clutch on mine as well… quite the process. Look forward to seeing the car…

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Nice ride.

Welcome to the site!

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Spazzie dr00lz. [welcome] Spazzie [loveff] Lauren has nice SVT...........

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
INFRA RED SVT's FTW!

Welcome to the forums.

You can also get the build # of your car by calling Ford Performance M-F from 8 - 5 Eastern time and giving them your last 6 digits of your VIN #.

1.800.367.3788 then press "1" for SVT build info. You'll talk to an actual real person.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts