Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member but am performance Ford at heart. Recently sold my 2000 T-Red SVT Contour I owned for 3+ years with 74k miles and upgraded suspension & brakes, etc...

Just purchased a 2002 Sonic Blue SVTF with 83k miles about a month ago. It has the 17" euro gloss black wheels. It runs & drives perfect, everything works, it's a blast to drive! As soon as I bought it I changed all the fluids including the MT fluid. Just ordered and received new "black housing" headlight assemblies, K&N Typhoon intake, MagnaFlow CB exhaust and brakes (4 new rotors & Mintex A/F pads F&R from batinc.net); they have a lot of SVT upgraded parts. Had the same rotors & pads on my SVTC & they were very impressive, could put you through the windshield.

I really like it so far and have some more parts to order (CFM TB, CAT/Flex pipe, Eibach F&R sway bar kit, etc). Have everything installed at the same time.

Any tips, advise, etc would be appreciated. Thanks...

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
think they wanted to say "sonic Blue SVT Focus"

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Post up some pics once I take some, haven't got around to it just yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey there. First off welcome the focus side of SVT. Second, i'm glad to see another 'local' on this site. I have a black 03 SVTF. I've seen many posts in here asking what air intakes to use and what I've learned from others is that you should save your money and just buy the K&N drop in panel filter. later.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey there. First off welcome the focus side of SVT. Second, i'm glad to see another 'local' on this site. I have a black 03 SVTF. I've seen many posts in here asking what air intakes to use and what I've learned from others is that you should save your money and just buy the K&N drop in panel filter. later.
Small world. Yeah my father is the Service Manager at Community Ford there in Moorsville. I actually already bought & have the K&N Typhoon air intake along with some other bolt on's. Gonna wait till I have everything I want though before I have it all installed at once. Performace Driven (off 465 & Kentucky Ave) did a lot of work on my SVTC and will prolly be doing all the labor for my SVTF. They do great work and can do anything from maitenance to total custom fabrication.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just removed my drop-in, as I've been having MAF issues that seem to be from the K&N oil. This is the second vehicle in 2 that after replacing a stock filter with a K&N, I had to replace the MAF, so I am convinced it is not coincidence.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm gonna go ahead & install and hopefully I won't have any problems, if I do I'll remove it, sell it & put the OEM airbox & filter back on.

I had the same problem with my SVTC with just a drop in K&N, so I replaced it with an OEM paper filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts