Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new member here. I am from Lusby MD and I do not drive a Focus, but I do drive an 06 Mazdaspeed 6 with lots of mods.

I am here for some tech info. My cousin drives an 03 Focus 2.3L (auto[facepalm]) that I will be helping him boost. We plan on using stock Mazdaspeed 3/6 manifold and turbo to keep the cost down, but reliability up. We will also use a Speed 3 ebay downpipe, CXRacing intercooler/piping, Bosche style 42lb injectors, and so on.

Where I need your help is on the tuning side of it. What is my best method (ie. SAFC, SCT)? From my research, the SCT programmer appears to be the best solution, but is it 100% capable of a good solid tune for a boosted Focus? Can it read AFRs?

Please guide me to the right threads for this info.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
SCT.
Yes, so long as the person building the tune is competent, on a cobbled together setup Tom is your best bet (1turbofocus).
You need a Wideband.
Check the 'forced induction' section of the site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. The build is complete. I spoke to Randy from FSWerks prior to the build and he told me what works best. He will be doing the tune. I have LC-1 wideband set up in the car.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
welcome. btw I actually know where you're at. my grandparents live in lusby so i have spent plenty of time up there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts