Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess I will introduce myself. My name is Kenny I am 27 years old, a full time college student, and I live down in Abilene Texas. I got an 05 ZX3 with the sweet 2.0L Duratec (16K miles). I have been reading on here a while and have noticed that there are not gobs of "bolt ons" available for 05+ Focus'. I had/have about 200 bucks to drop on the black (sooo hot when clean) beast but after reading about the stealth cai I decided to go that route. The hardest part of the installation was getting that dang 3" filter on a 3 1/4" tube but when it was all said and done, boy am I happy with the results! When driving like a "Paw Paw" to quote a fellow member, It seems to pick up speed quite a bit faster with the same amount of skinny pedal. But when driving it we all like to drive it, the results of the stealth intake really shine! I recommend this upgrade to anyone who wants bang for their buck. My next upgrade is going up to 16" wheels and tires (might stay at 15" not sure) I just want some sweet black rims like the Motegi RT5's, but alas they are not available in our bolt pattern. Laters yall.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i would say if you are considering wheels next to go up to at least a lightweight 17 inch wheel. the look is so much better.

·
Registered
484 Posts
yeah go with the 17's i just got myself some 04 svt wheels. cant wait to get them on

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our roads are crap and would really suck if I put my Foci on wagon wheels. Would tear the wheels up and shake the car to pieces. I'm cool with 15 or 16" wheels, I do appreciate the advise but I generally dont follow others very well as I have my own agenda and idea for what I want for my car,and I know my budget and ect,... If money were no object 17" rims and an AEM/KN CAI would be in order too. But like I said I am a full time student and money IS an issue.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have the 04 svt rims and man I love the 17's so much better.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have 17's on mine. Check sig for what they are. Welcome to the Forums none the less!

·
Registered
52 Posts
savage1978 said:
Well I guess I will introduce myself. My name is Kenny I am 27 years old, a full time college student, and I live down in Abilene Texas. I got an 05 ZX3 with the sweet 2.0L Duratec (16K miles). I have been reading on here a while and have noticed that there are not gobs of "bolt ons" available for 05+ Focus'. I had/have about 200 bucks to drop on the black (sooo hot when clean) beast but after reading about the stealth cai I decided to go that route. The hardest part of the installation was getting that dang 3" filter on a 3 1/4" tube but when it was all said and done, boy am I happy with the results! When driving like a "Paw Paw" to quote a fellow member, It seems to pick up speed quite a bit faster with the same amount of skinny pedal. But when driving it we all like to drive it, the results of the stealth intake really shine! I recommend this upgrade to anyone who wants bang for their buck. My next upgrade is going up to 16" wheels and tires (might stay at 15" not sure) I just want some sweet black rims like the Motegi RT5's, but alas they are not available in our bolt pattern. Laters yall.
this is the kinds posts i like to hear!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome to FF.
Glad you like the "Stealth CAI". If I had all the money in the world I'd have gotten a shiny new intake too.
But I spent my money on the SVT Suspension kit and the Rear Sub-Frame member to mount the Anti-Sway Bar, I got an SE.

I went with 17" rims because I got some money back from the tax man but I kept my 15's.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
savage1978 said:
Our roads are crap and would really suck if I put my Foci on wagon wheels. Would tear the wheels up and shake the car to pieces. I'm cool with 15 or 16" wheels, I do appreciate the advise but I generally dont follow others very well as I have my own agenda and idea for what I want for my car,and I know my budget and ect,... If money were no object 17" rims and an AEM/KN CAI would be in order too. But like I said I am a full time student and money IS an issue.
[welcome] to FF

Check out ZX Tuner who is one of our vendors. He sells Rota lightweight wheels for the Focus pattern cheaper than anyone else on the web. The selection is limited, but that's how it is with Rota- it's not Rob's fault. For 16's I'd really like the Grids IMO. Also, keep in mind that powder coating is simply paint, comes off with paint removers, and aluminum will shine up like chrome if you polish it with the right tools. Some day I'll demonstrate that on my stock 15's.

Good luck modding!!! [thumb]

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Yes indeed, I also went with the Stealth CAI. After my Saleen rims and SVT wing, I decided to save my money and try the Stealth. It was a tight fit to get it on the 3.25 tube , but after it was all done it runs awsome. It has a cool deep sound to it and a little more get up and go. The best 25 dollars I have spent in a long time.
Welcome to Focus Fanatics...... have fun with your new ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts