Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 07 sedan since early 2010 when it had 32,000 miles on it. It now has 162,000 miles. I'm hoping to get to 200,000, then 232,000. I recently installed new rear shocks, front struts, front sway bar links, all three motor mounts, valve cover gaskets, valve cover, ignition coils, plugs, and cylinder head temp sensor. I did the alternator and drive belt several months back.

I have the ticking intake manifold, the original air filter, and a big hole in my carpet. Those are the projects on my radar right now.

I've followed the forum for a while for tips on how to do most of these projects.

I'm located in Ohio.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You said you still have the original air filter. I have 213k miles on my car and just changed out my original air filter 2 weeks ago.

I did this to replace it. It has worked out great and I have less than $50 in it.

My ticking manifold quieted down when I replaced the IRMC solenoid with a new one from Motorcraft.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 07 sedan since early 2010 when it had 32,000 miles on it. It now has 162,000 miles. I'm hoping to get to 200,000, then 232,000. I recently installed new rear shocks, front struts, front sway bar links, all three motor mounts, valve cover gaskets, valve cover, ignition coils, plugs, and cylinder head temp sensor. I did the alternator and drive belt several months back.

I have the ticking intake manifold, the original air filter, and a big hole in my carpet. Those are the projects on my radar right now.

I've followed the forum for a while for tips on how to do most of these projects.

I'm located in Ohio.
The good ole duratec manifold tick my 2010 has the same issue currently although its annoying i dont know if ill ever get around to fixing it lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Although Ford gave us a generous amount of slack with the MAF wiring, be conscientious to point the MAF receptacle toward the MAF wiring.

That tidbit wasn’t something noted in the video but occurred to me as I was doing it.

From my couple weeks experience, it’s a no brainer upgrade/replacement if you have a dremel with a cutting wheel.

It sounds raspy when idling (of which I’m not a fan) but it has a subdued sound under normal driving.

The Spectre kit contains one side of the adapters you need. You have to buy a silicone hose reducer for the throttle body side - along with a clamp for the throttle body side.

This reducer worked perfectly. I used a clamp I had laying around - sorry I can’t be more helpful with which one worked for me.

Let me know how it goes!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
The good ole duratec manifold tick my 2010 has the same issue currently although its annoying i dont know if ill ever get around to fixing it lol
Yeah....it’s just something that sneaks up on you without realizing it!

I’m my car’s only owner. I didn’t realize it was a thing until reading about it on here.

I pulled the vacuum hose out from the front of the intake manifold to see if it quieted down and thought “holy cow that got quieter”!!

My car wasn’t throwing any codes but it seemed quieter after replacing the solenoid. That said, I may be experiencing a placebo effect.

·
Registered
2006 ZXW SE, starting its new life as a sleeper
16 Posts
I wonder if the stealth CAI would be quieter at idle, since it keeps the resonator. There is a broken link on here, but you can get page using Wayback machine for ~2009 or ao
It's essentially the mod, but with the pod filter in the position of the original filter. There's probably some hydrolock risk, but it's not much lower than the original inlet.

I'm considering this for my 2006 ZXW SE once I get my exhaust in this summer - I was really put off by the idle in that video and so went hunting.

·
Registered
2006 ZXW SE, starting its new life as a sleeper
16 Posts
I've got the same right heel hole - through the original carpeted mat, since replaced with rubber.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if the stealth CAI would be quieter at idle, since it keeps the resonator. There is a broken link on here, but you can get page using Wayback machine for ~2009 or ao
It's essentially the mod, but with the pod filter in the position of the original filter. There's probably some hydrolock risk, but it's not much lower than the original inlet.

I'm considering this for my 2006 ZXW SE once I get my exhaust in this summer - I was really put off by the idle in that video and so went hunting.
I think I like this option better as well. I've seen a youtube video of doing the same mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts