Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2012 Titanium (automatic) bought in March 2013 with 11 miles (31,270 now- all hwy, husband is a trucker, I travel a lot))... loved it for 2 months now had nothing but problems. APIM changed 4 times (1st time within 2 months of buying car), shocks replaced around 11,000ish miles, Struts replaced at 14,000ish miles... The transmission... well tha'ts taken me to the dealership at least 6 times, but As we all know the 2012 has the wonderful new double clutch automatic transmission, that to me shifts like a burnt out manual. Had clutches "cleaned, lubed and reset" twice They finally replaced one of the clutches (i think to shut me up)... But that's the least of my worries now. I've complained the last 3 times when looking at my transmission that there is a popping noise front driver side. thought it was maybe a strut again but problem could never be duplicated. Last night my engine felt like it was going to fall out of my car and my car started making horrible noises (like a truck with a hole in the exhaust) and became hard to steer and would barely drive forward. Engine is tilted forward and down to the right pulling all components on the right down with it. Dealership called today and said they are replacing ONE transmission mount and that i will have it back in 2-3 days. Maybe I'm stupid, idk... but If the transmission is under the engine, and the engine is pulled down as well as the transmission....would that not mean that the remaining transmission mounts (as well as the engine mounts) could be stretched/ cracked/ warped as well? I asked why they are not replacing all of them and they said b/c FORD only allows them to fix what is broken, not what might be broken. I'm seriously at my whits end. Please can someone please point me in the right direction. (btw... I'm 3 weeks outside being able to file as a Lemon... FML)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Wow, that pix looks like the motor is going to drop out. I'd call your dealer & have them tow it in & deal w/ it.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Have a 2012 Titanium (automatic) ...31,270 now...Engine is tilted forward and down to the right pulling all components on the right down with it. Dealership called today and said they are replacing ONE transmission mount and that i will have it back in 2-3 days...
Welcome to the forum,

I want to look into some options. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
897 Posts
I did... "It's just a simple mount... No biggie" according to the Ford dealership it go towed to!
Oh yeah no biggie! I mean it's not like it holds your engine up from falling on the ground or anything!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Wondering what's better! You could lose that engine on the highway and totaled the car and get your money back... Or you can hear the "no biggie" answer for that unprofessional dealer!
God!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Let us know how this turns out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They replaced the transmission mount then found one of the engine mounts the following day. Still shaking and popping in the front end. It's back there again to find out what's going on and corporate is involved now. Thanks for following up :)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
They replaced the transmission mount then found one of the engine mounts the following day. Still shaking and popping in the front end. It's back there again to find out what's going on and corporate is involved now. Thanks for following up :)
That sounds great for now, let us know.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yup, they aren't supposed to be able to drop that way - even when worn out & noisy.

Bunch of other potential damage to check for, as I assume it didn't drop when standing still.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts