Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Red SVT checking in from Norcal. I just purchased the car with a blown motor and looking to do a full race build. I have the car fully gutted getting ready for a full Lead Foot paint job (Need a front bumper!) I really want to do a high output eco swap but haven't nailed down exactly what yet. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I also found a few companies selling Lexan glass kits across the pond. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations? I also own a 2011 Raptor, 2014 Expedition and a 18 Flex with a 19 Ranger on order. I'm looking forward to learning from community. Thanks for having me. [werd]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Welcome to FF.....Great to do a ecoboost swap w/ upgrade internals, use a mtx75 w/ a Quaife, cfm A-arms, ect...Looking forward to your build.

·
Registered
382 Posts
2002 Red SVT checking in from Norcal. I just purchased the car with a blown motor and looking to do a full race build. I have the car fully gutted getting ready for a full Lead Foot paint job (Need a front bumper!) I really want to do a high output eco swap but haven't nailed down exactly what yet. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I also found a few companies selling Lexan glass kits across the pond. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations? I also own a 2011 Raptor, 2014 Expedition and a 18 Flex with a 19 Ranger on order. I'm looking forward to learning from community. Thanks for having me. [werd]

Sweet :)

Personally if you’re going the EcoBoost route - I’d got with a fiesta st build.

The FoST engine is great but super torquey - I imagine the 1.6 from the fiesta st might be a little lighter too.

I used to own a gorgeous d23 zx3 with SVTF suspension and brakes. I personally preferred my motor anyway.

Welcome to the forums — and what part of NorCal are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet :)

Personally if you’re going the EcoBoost route - I’d got with a fiesta st build.

The FoST engine is great but super torquey - I imagine the 1.6 from the fiesta st might be a little lighter too.

I used to own a gorgeous d23 zx3 with SVTF suspension and brakes. I personally preferred my motor anyway.

Welcome to the forums — and what part of NorCal are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

Thanks. My initial thought at this point is the 3.5 Ecoboost out of the AWD Flex. I actually just moved to Roseville from Austin Texas.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh boy - that’s kind of like dropping a small block in. Might as well go rwd with it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Still an option as well. Ive been chatting with kugel komponents. In all serious does anyone know where I can score a front bumper assembly... This has turned out to be a pain in the ass... [offtopic]

·
Registered
382 Posts
Still an option as well. Ive been chatting with kugel komponents. In all serious does anyone know where I can score a front bumper assembly... This has turned out to be a pain in the ass... [offtopic]

Junkyards have plenty of Focii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts