Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New Member/New Project

609 15
I’ve had this car for about 2 years now. It’s a 2011 SE with 115k original miles. I’ve been bored and wanting to tinker so I figured why not give the old focus a chance. I haven’t seen much aftermarket for these and not much online about people building them and that makes me kinda wanna do it more. Today I spent the night after work gutting the rear seats and trunk of the car. I plan to fab a panel to block off the trunk and to reupholster the back to clean it up without the seats. Looking for some insight on these things and what there is available. Thanks guys, happy to be here.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Trunk

Hood Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel
Reactions: pbfoot
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
You have the cloth seat ...... PEASANT

Just kidding.... but after owning a 2008 with cloth seats .... then owning a 2010 and 2011 with the heated leather seats ..... there is no going back.

You could look into U-pull yards for Ford Focus (2008 -2011) and replace the entire interior with some really nice leather tricked out options for dirt cheap.

I have three yards around Atlanta .. and every week at east a dozen or so (2008-2011) are coming in. There are also a wide variety of aluminum rim options that came with the Focus.trim levels

Hell you might get lucky and find a ST or RS on the yard. They have Recaro seats that are OVER THE TOP>

You must get a double dinn head unit to replace the factory crap .... it totally changes the feel of the interior.

I'm following this thread .... hit a home run my friend

· Registered
33 Posts
They are good cars and easy to maintain. 2.5 fusion engine swap is a great mod.
Nothing is interchangeable except for the manual transmission,engine, and some suspension and brake parts.
Spot on I believe you can swap seats I've seen it but I'm not sure if seat rails were changed, also rear sub frame and wheels. Other than the items mentioned above it would be more of a full customization

· Registered
7 Posts
I’ve had this car for about 2 years now. It’s a 2011 SE with 115k original miles. I’ve been bored and wanting to tinker so I figured why not give the old focus a chance. I haven’t seen much aftermarket for these and not much online about people building them and that makes me kinda wanna do it more. Today I spent the night after work gutting the rear seats and trunk of the car. I plan to fab a panel to block off the trunk and to reupholster the back to clean it up without the seats. Looking for some insight on these things and what there is available. Thanks guys, happy to be here. View attachment 315271
View attachment 315270
View attachment 315268
View attachment 315269
So much potential!!!

Hope it comes out f-ing COOL.

· Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2009 Focus SE with less than 100k.
Ive done a bunch of aftermarket with it recently.
I have a new sound system (with a subwoofer in the trunk), my aux port is now a subwoofer knob.

I changed out the radio (i believe the 2008-2011 shared a similar dash, Metra has a single and double din after market dash) so i now have wireless android auto (and CarPlay if i wanted) in my car. Due to this, one of my cigarette lighters is now a USB port. I have a microphone for the phone near the steering wheel to get better response and cleaner voice for callers.I also have an aftermarket rear view camera installed (mine is license plate mounted which helps a ton to see little kids that may be hidden by the trunk).

I also added a remote start system (comes with a better alarm system too). My car is so fun now.

Places like CarID have lots of aftermarket parts (you can find seats for some focus models but they make you put in your model to ensure a fit or take the risk)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts