Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Yep a 2.0 naturally aspirated Focus makes as much wheel horsepower as a Focus ST. Lord help you son.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
But not nearly the torque, not that hard to believe

·
Registered
37 Posts
best money i spent modding my focus was the Cobb RMM. No more spinning tires, feels amazing. I liked the RS throttle body upgrade. I used the RS Air Box, great add on. I also did an AEM drop in filter, 180 thermostat, and tom's tune

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
best money i spent modding my focus was the Cobb RMM. No more spinning tires, feels amazing. I liked the RS throttle body upgrade. I used the RS Air Box, great add on. I also did an AEM drop in filter, 180 thermostat, and tom's tune

I just snagged a brand new Cobb RMM off of eBay for $90 bucks shipped. Glad I looked when I did

·
Registered
593 Posts
REM does do wonders, I second that. I recommend FSWERKS mount (not the E mount) I assume it has the same stiffness as the cobb as it is solid metal but is cheaper in price.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Ecoboost 63mm TB I assume you mean, RS throttle body is same as ST and SE.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also got a 2014 Sedan and I been wanting to change the rims but wasn't sure if the ST or RS rims would fit my model, did you have to get the rim resized or was it just a simple install? Also where did you get your tune? And what is the a snorkel delete? I'm pretty new to the modification as well.
Thanks you for your help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I also got a 2014 Sedan and I been wanting to change the rims but wasn't sure if the ST or RS rims would fit my model, did you have to get the rim resized or was it just a simple install? Also where did you get your tune? And what is the a snorkel delete? I'm pretty new to the modification as well.
The ST wheels will fit directly on your car without modification. Not 100% sure about the RS wheels but I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Here is a picture of the ST wheels on my car. I had a buddy of mine repaint them a custom color

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
The ST wheels will fit directly on your car without modification. Not 100% sure about the RS wheels but I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Here is a picture of the ST wheels on my car. I had a buddy of mine repaint them a custom color
That looks good. I like my wheels (see pic) but if I was to upgrade, the ST wheels in either black or a gunmetal would be my 1st choice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
And like I said I’m not looking for 0-60 times or trying to spend $2,000 ona turbo kit, I’m more or less looking for simple mods to make it easier to pass a car on the highway with the A/C on when it’s 100 degrees outside without having to downshift
I know I am real late to this party but...no mention of a "juice bottle"? If all you are looking for is a little extra juice when you want it...heard it is the best bang for the buck. No experience in this so just an ignorant comment...and kind of no-no in most states so that could play into it I suppose. Hasn't stopped people from doing it though. I know forged pistons are highly recommended, so probably scares some people off too.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^Nitrous Oxide is probably cheapest bang for buck, BUT its only good for straight-line speed and while many do, I wouldn't use it to race people on the street, track only..also, you can destroy your engine pretty quick without safeguards, which add to the cost. Also being used in a high compression motor brings other issues to think of.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
All the SE/ST/Titanium/RS focus wheels are interchangable... even Fusion and other wheels, although tires may be different. At long as 5x108...Ive at some point had all three on my car, then aftermarket.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts