Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there Focus Fanatics,
Nice to have found this site. I am sure it will be very helpful for a noob like myself.
I have a 2007 SES Wagon, Electric (?) Blue, 5 speed with leather. Not sure really what trim level it is. Also has the sunroof and heated seats. I guess its pretty loaded. Love the 5 speed.
The car is great. The wagon is so user friendly given the need to carry around hockey bags, ski equipment and my mountain bike once in a while. Anything smaller wouldn't work for me and anything bigger would be too much.
Can't really find anything out there to replace it with. Not really in a position to buy a new ride.
There are a few things that need fixing ... rear wiper is pooched along with the rear defrost. Power locks are inoperable and there are some rusty bits just back of the front wheels and along the back door above the license plate.
I plan on keeping this for a while, hence the following question: What can I do to give this puppy a little boost for minimum cash outlay? I figure I can bump up the Focus Fun Factor for way less than having car payments. Would like to substantially boost the horse power. Realistically I should fix the issues I listed above.
Thought I had some pics to share. Can't seem to find them. When the weather warms and I wash the salt off, I'll be sure to take some pics to post.
Cheers and Happy New Year!
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome!! I'm new here as well. Sounds like a fun car you have there. And most of all it's very practical. My neighbor across from me has the exact car, except it's white and an auto. It does have minor rust on the corners as you stated with yours. It just sits there. He never drives it. Anyways. I'm not sure what you could do to make the performance increase. Maybe some new spark plugs and a better air filter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts