Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have purchased a 2014 Focus ST last week.
The picture is really lame but that's the only one that I have for now [rolleyes]

So far so good. I have about 700 miles on the car (I commute some 80 miles round trip every day) and I'm still in the break-in period so I drive an 80 y/o granny.

Since I'm a track junky, I will definitely take the car to the track this year (most likely as soon as spring time). I have another track car but I'm curious to see what the little Focus can do :)

I'm going to have to resist the urge to tweak that car though because I've had it for a week and I'm already thinking of stuff to do on it. So far I'm considering getting 17" wheels and putting some 245 sticky tires for track days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the ST!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I'm really liking the car so far. Big change from my 528 which was porky and slow. The bimmer was a 98 so didn't have a CD or anything, just cassette :D

In regards to driving the focus is close to my track car (2005 Elise) but not quite as quick. I'll see what the focus can do at the end of February since there's a track day at Laguna seca and I'm planning to go.

Seems like I made a good choice with the Ford.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Thanks!

I'm really liking the car so far. Big change from my 528 which was porky and slow. The bimmer was a 98 so didn't have a CD or anything, just cassette :D

In regards to driving the focus is close to my track car (2005 Elise) but not quite as quick. I'll see what the focus can do at the end of February since there's a track day at Laguna seca and I'm planning to go.

Seems like I made a good choice with the Ford.
You live close to me I think. I work in rancho cucamonga

Very good choice!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Crap lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tangerine scream.

Right now I'm thinking:

- short throw shifter
- 17x8.5 wheels (then put some 245/17 Hoosiers or hancook slicks on for track days)

After that, maybe a roush exhaust since the stock one is nice but too quiet :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks!

Will do. I'm going to Laguna Seca on the 23rd of Feb. I'm thinking about taking the Focus there instead of my track car (which is still in the shop).

I'm debating whether or not I should try to get some 17" wheels and put some sticky tires on that or if I can go with the stock Goodyears since I'm not used to those...

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Damn, ill be in socal that weekend, otherwise id go too haha.

Ive heard quite a few reports of ST's roasting their brakes pretty quick on the track (something about the stability control). Be careful and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the hint.
I'll most likely turn off the DSC so, hopefully that will prevent me from destroying my brakes too much.

I might have to take it easy anyway since I have been driving RWD cars for the past few years and going back to a FWD should be interesting. Also, I'm not used to the tires either and I don't think I'll have wheels to put some slicks on, unless I replace the Goodyears by some R888.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Thanks for the hint.
I'll most likely turn off the DSC so, hopefully that will prevent me from destroying my brakes too much.

I might have to take it easy anyway since I have been driving RWD cars for the past few years and going back to a FWD should be interesting. Also, I'm not used to the tires either and I don't think I'll have wheels to put some slicks on, unless I replace the Goodyears by some R888.

Semi-related note: I need details on your track car like... yesterday. pics are required lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hahaha, alright let me see what I can do. Should have some pics somewhere on my laptop...

The car in more details:

2005 Lotus Elise with sports package

- 15/16 Wheel combo
- ACT Racing Clutch
- Fidenza Flywheel
- ARP studs
- Cosworth head gasket
- MAHLE low compression pistons (9:1 IIRC)
- Forged connecting rods
- 2 Way Suspensions (Nitrons)
- Rear wing, Front splitter, Canards and 5 elements diffuser for Aero.
- Racing seat
- Quick disconnect steering wheel hub
- Racing steering wheel
- 5 pt harness with harness bar
- Radium dual catch cans
- Radium fuel rail bar
- Radium Fuel Surge Tank
- AEM4 EMS
- Radium Turbo Kit (280RWHP on a Mustang Dyno).
- G-Pan Oil Pan
- Rear brace (stock one tends to fail with sticky tires)
- A/C delete
- 600 Injectors
- Quaife LSD
- 3rd & 4th Racing gears (JuJu). Stock 3rd tend to go after a while...
- 15 PSI boost tune, 18 PSI boost tune with power selection button next to the seat.
- AF/R gauge, boost gauge up front.

I probably forgot a few things but that should sum it up pretty good.

Attachments

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Hahaha, alright let me see what I can do. Should have some pics somewhere on my laptop...

The car in more details:

2005 Lotus Elise with sports package

- 15/16 Wheel combo
- ACT Racing Clutch
- Fidenza Flywheel
- ARP studs
- Cosworth head gasket
- MAHLE low compression pistons (9:1 IIRC)
- Forged connecting rods
- 2 Way Suspensions (Nitrons)
- Rear wing, Front splitter, Canards and 5 elements diffuser for Aero.
- Racing seat
- Quick disconnect steering wheel hub
- Racing steering wheel
- 5 pt harness with harness bar
- Radium dual catch cans
- Radium fuel rail bar
- Radium Fuel Surge Tank
- AEM4 EMS
- Radium Turbo Kit (280RWHP on a Mustang Dyno).
- G-Pan Oil Pan
- Rear brace (stock one tends to fail with sticky tires)
- A/C delete
- 600 Injectors
- Quaife LSD
- 3rd & 4th Racing gears (JuJu). Stock 3rd tend to go after a while...
- 15 PSI boost tune, 18 PSI boost tune with power selection button next to the seat.
- AF/R gauge, boost gauge up front.

I probably forgot a few things but that should sum it up pretty good.
consider me extremely jealous.

I've told all my friends that if my career continues along my planned path, my next car will be an exige. I freaking love lotuses.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are nice. The only thing is, try not to touch the motor because then you'll spend a lot of time in the shop. I didn't follow that advice obviously and while the car is super fun to drive, it's also a money pit.

I should have waited and bought the new Exige that came out a couple years ago and that is a track car only :)

I'm going to sell mine in fact since I want to buy something else.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Very nice! I see you are in Mountain View, you work for Google? Welcome by the way! I too am in Nor Cal, but I'm about 3 hours north [hihi]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.