Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member on here as the title says. I was looking for another car and came across this car. 2dr focus 4dr sedan, all stock and pretty clean. 128xxx km,s Looking for some simple upgrades, not much motor work seeing this is a dd back and forth work.

·
Godspeeding
2,008 Posts
Nice commuter car! Be aware that your SPI engine(s) are known for dropping valve seats, but don't let that deter you from enjoying your new focus!

What upgrades are you looking for?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
2dr focus 4dr sedan
Wait. What? lol

Welcome. That's a good looking car. As said above, it's not a matter of if, but when the valves seats drop. Hope it last a long time for you and enjoy it while you can.

As for upgrades, wheels are always a good place to start. considering winter is around the corner, you may want to wait till summer but it's never to early to dream. Take a look around this forum and see if there are any other mods that you like. Member are always changing up there cars and coming up with new ideas so have fun.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, and i got a few ideas for what to, im trying to keep it relativly stock minus headlights/ tailights and maybe upgraded sound system. I tend to get out of hand with my vecicles. I got rid of a mk3 jetta a while ago with a 272 cam, pacesetter header, borla muffler,and some top end work ;) . Also i had lowering coils and had it too low for a dd around here, Had trouble keeping trannys in it. Also i parted out a 3 year project which was an 88 s0 with the 350 swap. Hopefully i cn contain myself on this focus, haha

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I say im gonna contain myself but i prob wont, I just want to be ricey and modding an auto goes against what i usually do haha but we'll see :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just seen my last post, i meant to say " i dont to wanna be ricey". I have a cleaned up and painted valve cover just to freshen up under the hood and i may have a set of rims today if the deal falls through, 17' eneki rims with 4 new tires. Ill ;post some pics later. And i have an appomiment to get tint in a couple weeks when the local guy get back from alberta.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Sounds good. Make sure you post pics.

I'm just going to through this idea out there but you could paint your mirror caps the same color as your car. That's a popular mod that really cleans up outside of the car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updates

Rims will be poweder coated before their on the car, too late in the season now , weve already had snow and salts on the road

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want to look into a cat back, any suggestions to a nice cat back without a ricey can sound?

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
To be perfectly honest, there really isn't much point in doing performance mods to that particular engine/transmission combo(I know because it's what My first Focus had), mainly because what few parts are still available aren't very cheap and You really won't see many gains from them, from My experience. I would however recommend suspension upgrades. a 1.5" drop will greatly improve handling while still being able to drive in snow without plowing Your way across town. Front and rear lower sway bars will help eliminate body roll during spirited turns or lane changes, making for easier corrections while doing so. Face it, the split port with ATX is never gonna be anything even resembling fast, but it can still out handle any car in its class, given the right upgrades. Otherwise, visual enhancements are a good way to go. You may not get where You're going very quickly, but You can always look good getting there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comment, i kinda figured but i wanted to check regardless, guess ill keep som visual mods. Guess ill have to stick to my cafe racer in progress to go fast :p

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Very nice. Now for one more cheap mod: I wash. [:)~]

By the way, what glaring above your stereo.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually i washed and waxed my car this morning, Its super hard to keep the car clean this time of year with all the slush and salt on the roads. And that glaring was a sticker that somehow got stuck on my dash that had the adress of the contractor i work for

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All clean and pardon the broken mirror, thats replaced today after the cleaning, The old man decided to move the car to get his malibu in the garage and backed my mitrrior into a fence post -,-

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
There, that's much better. lol

Its super hard to keep the car clean this time of year with all the slush and salt on the roads.
Tell me about it. In the area I live in NY, we get a lot of snow and the State DOT is always dumping piles of salt on the roads. It is impossible to keep a car from turning white from all the dust.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another small hange, not alot going on yet because of a 70hr a week work schedule in construction-,-

headlights

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
I like the valve cover I know the motor is the best but I'd like to clean up the engine bay as much as possible. I'd like to get mine done. Some black housing headlights would look killer I love the one's I bought. Makes the car look so much meaner. I'd post up pics but I don't want to cloud your thread.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts