Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I graduate from college (this December) I plan on purchasing a new Focus Hatchback...

Anyways.. I live in the brutal South Florida Sun and would like to know if anyone knows of, or can reccomend a good "dash pad" or "dash mat" that is worth buying to help protect from fading and cracking? ... Preferably one that's form molded and not some crappy do it yourself dash covers....

Thanx..

AdaM

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
call up jc whitney or check on there website, they have a few company's that make them and they sell...also don't look too bad when they are color matched....if your talking about the plastic ones that are made to use as a quick interior restore like on older cars...none for the focus.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
i just use black magic on my dash and other interior pieces, and throw a sunshade up in the window during the day. [:)] has worked wonders so far.

·
AKA Calamity Jane
1,610 Posts
Well, I haven't taken that good of care of mine as far as that goes. I haven't used STP or black magic or anything. And my dash still looks perfect, and I don't even have a sunshade (but will definitely invest in one.) But I would say just definitely get a sunshade and condition the dash biweekly or so, and you shouldn't even need another dash. It's a different kind of dash than most cars...it's smooth.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would recommend doing like kicknzx3 said, one of those companies will have something for sure to your likings. I personally don't use anything on my interior. All I do is wipe it all down with a damp cloth when I detail the car and it looks good as new. I also use a shade as well, so i'm sure that helps alot too. I wouldn't think you would need a dash pad as long as you had tinted windows and bought one of those reflector type looking shades. Those I have found to work the best. Of course it's your preference, so what ever makes ya happy. I can relate though, the Texas heat in the summer isn't any better, but like I said, never have had any problems in the past and that's all i've ever done.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sunshade and some type of protectant should be all you need. I also have the vent shades installed on the windows. This allows me to keep the windows cracked open a bit to allow the heat to escape. I also keep two cotton towels in the car, and lay them over the dash. Sun and heat are the ememy for sure.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just use a dash protectant spray. I've had my two cars for 3 years now and have yet to see any cracking or fading. I use 2000 interior protectant or Armoral Interior. Although Armoral WAS a crap spray before , they've seriously improved and the interior stuff is the best! Or call Henshin Auto in FL to see who they recommend for Dash kits.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I have always used Armorall protectant wipes and also a sunshade on those hot summer days. Although I have been using the sunshade a lot more lately cause I wanna keep the dash looking new for a long time.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
ZX3_Chick said:
I have always used Armorall protectant wipes and also a sunshade on those hot summer days. Although I have been using the sunshade a lot more lately cause I wanna keep the dash looking new for a long time.
Now go clean my truck for me!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
haha the sun onto your dash isnt what you should worry about... the HEAT is... your engine is going to be dyin in that heat..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts