Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new car means a new forum... this is my newest family member: a 2002 Ford Focus SVT in sonic blue. Picked up the car from a private seller and has just exaclty 91K on it. The car has been gone through, and the timing belt and other problem areas seem fine at this point. The car handles and feels fabulous. It's just about completely stock except for a CFM short throw and CFM throttle body with a Typhoon K&N intake and a set of drilled/slotted rotors. Tires are z rated BF Goodrich's. I have already purchased a few mods to go on... I have already installed a set of Recaro EAP racing seats, picked up a used FSWerks Cool-flo intake (I need a stock airbox first) and I have a set of Taylor wires that will go on after I get a new set of Ford double platinum plugs. This car will be my daily driver as my ROUSH Mustang and Em1 Civic will be in storage for the Minnesota winter. Enough jibber jabber... on to the pictures!!!!

after the test drive, I snapped some pics:

and after I got it home and cleaned up a bit, I took some pics around town:

Thanks for reading... and enjoying the pics [ffrocks]

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and for those of you that like to drool over Recaro racing seats... here ya go...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Real clean! rare to see such a new member that already knows the way to properly mod these cars! [thumb] ware did you come across the recaros?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Very nice. And Im cooler than you, I have Recaro seats in my 20th AE GTI.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
welcome!

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Welcome to the site! Damn that's one clean SVT, I hope you got a good deal. Your right someone that knew what they were doing had that before you. Nice mods too love the recaros for sure. What all do you have planned?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome!! what a great find and the little mods look awesome! enjoy

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Recaros I actually found on a local Forum... drove and picked them up, boy did I get lucky with those!!! I'm not new to modding and i'm not new to forums.... this is my 4th car and my 9th forum. I picked this car up as just a daily driver for the time being, my other cars will go into storage. I don't want to go over the top with this car, it's clean and tastefully modded so I'm pretty much keeping it as is. I completely transformed one car already (08 Mustang) so this one I plan to just enjoy and keep on the road as long as I can. I need new headlights, and picked up a new set of stock SVT's but i'd really like a set of MACH HID's but the price on those is a bit high. I'd like to maybe just do a HFC, maybe swap the Typhoon for a Focus Sport Cool-FLo I picke up with the seats... and set up a tunning session at the dyno to make sure everything is all in order and running properly. I have a set of Taylor wires, and I'd like to pick up some Ford double platinums or denso iridiums before winter. I also plan on a set of carpeted floor mats, which I don't have and maybe do a new deck, as this stock auidophile is just about done for (it only plays burned CDs). A friend of mine who owns a ROUSH Focus clone wants me to do a FULL RS conversion with this car, but that's a tad spendy, and at 90k, that's a bit high. We've seen one done up to perfection, so it would be difficult to match that. So, as I stated, i'll just enjoy this car for what it is... and thus far, I am.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OH... and yesterday I made a call to SVT themselves... I purchased my build number sheet and a 2002 SVT brochure. They should be in by the end of next week. I'll be framing both and setting them up with the car, which I try to do with all my cars. Unfortunetly this is the ONLY car I own that doesn't have the orginal window sticker, which kind of bums me out... and SVT doesn't offer them anymore. I might have one guy who can duplicate one, we will see what the future brings.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The deal was pretty good... the best part being they guy selling them is no longer in the Focus game... so I got a TON of leftover parts that he just "gave" me.. including a set of Taylor wires with stock coil pack, a stock throttle body (mine is CFM) a quart of Tranny oil, a cat bracket, an SVT front lip, a driver's side door handle (in sonic blue) a set of rubber "Focus" floor mats (front and rear) and I got a FSWerks Cool-flo intake with heat sheild and a can of dust repeliant. And I got ALL that for less than the price of what Recaros go for on their own! Recaros can be sold for 700-800 dollars or more, I paid less than that for ALL the parts I got.

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Sometimes clean and simple is the way to go. Awesome focus.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the compliments, i'm trying to keep it simple... it's not about what you do right with your car... it's just simply about not doing anything wrong.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Clean start. Already see some goodie bolt ons. Keep them coming. and [welcome][ffrocks]

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's just about completely stock except for a CFM short throw and CFM throttle body with a Typhoon K&N intake and a set of drilled/slotted rotors. Tires are z rated BF Goodrich's. I have already purchased a few mods to go on... I have already installed a set of Recaro EAP racing seats, picked up a used FSWerks Cool-flo intake (I need a stock airbox first) and I have a set of Taylor wires that will go on after I get a new set of Ford double platinum plugs.
LOL your "completely stock" is more than all mods i've done [cheers]
LOVE your car, and appears you made a great purchase. Hope you post more photos once you do your other mods, the ones we've seen so far are terrific.

btw, want to get rid any of your leftover parts that came with the recaros? ...i'm also sonic blue

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not getting rid of any parts just yet... I want to get quotes on fixing my damaged driver's seat. I don't want to go FULL EAP interior, just cuz I luv the blue interior pieces, but the Recaros are just SO comfortable!!

I'll keep the photos coming... I have a thread with my two Fords, look for that ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was such a nice day, I went to the local FORD dealership and snapped a few photos of how the car stands right now... I have new stock SVT headlights on order, as these ones are so bad, they have dust on the inside and the seals have been cracked... new ones are in order... nothing else new is planned at this time.... other than some SUPER cool "Ford" valve stem covers!!! ;-)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts