Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered 4 Hankook RS-3's in 215/45-17 for my '09 ses coupe. I'll have them installed on Sat and then I'll just have to try them out on my fav canyon run!

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Nice to see they came out with more tire sizes than when I bought mine. I think I have over 10ka on mine but the alignment and supercharger have been taking a toll on them. Im looking for some
205/40/17 for my 5spokes

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet cliff. Did you get a good deal?
Hey Felix, I got them from Tirerack and am having them shipped to Tucker Tire in Covina and they will be there on Sat so I can get them installed. Cody is running them on his SVT and loves them so if its not raining, I'm hitting the canyon to see how they do. If you want to go with, let me know.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the way into work today I got a fix-it ticket by San Gabriel PD for tinted windows so Saturday I need to take it to my tint guy and have him remove the driver & passenger side tint. The rub is that I've had tinted windows on my cars since 1989 without even a 2nd look by any PD including the CHP and I was in uniform to boot. Oh well, $20 and its done then I'll take it over to them to have them sign off on it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds like a personal problem Josh! Did you still want to use my brake bleeder? Let me know brah!

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
That sounds like a personal problem Josh! Did you still want to use my brake bleeder? Let me know brah!
LMFAO get your mind out the gutter Cliff! ya man I still need to use it. Just been under the weather since thursday.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMFAO get your mind out the gutter Cliff! ya man I still need to use it. Just been under the weather since thursday.
Haha! Something is going around, I hope I'm not coming down with a cold. Just let me know, you can use it anytime.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a blow out on the freeway on way into work, it was only about 2 miles from my tire shop in Covina where my tire order had come in on Mon so instead of having all 4 put on on Sat, I had them installed today

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need to break them in for 500 miles with some easy driving but so far in the rain they are nice. I still might go up the canyon on Sat but not going to push it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well just in my break-in conservative driving, these new Hancook RS-3's are a tremendous improvement over the old Kumho's I had on. They seem to be a good fit for the suspension mods I have i.e. FRPP, FSWerks stress bars, H&R rear sway bar. I can't wait to see how they do in the twisties above my house.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Are they loud?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Cody, you know I haven't noticed. I'm running 35psi cold all the way around per specs for my car. One thing I have noticed is that there is no squeeling on the freeway transition ramps. Are yours noisy?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
At first but not now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts