Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo recently i asked about paint jobs.. anyways i found a local shop that will do paint my car for $900 (minus military discount)

i plan on doing an SVT bumper with fogs-lip-and lower grill, euro upper grill, ebay HID/halo lights w/black housing(and then gonna swap the halos to blue and rewire it some), and X2 fenders.. all for under 2k (from various places i found good deals)

i'll post pics when i'm done. :D just thought i'd share. i have to wait for my insurance check to hit.. then wait for delivery of parts..

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Just make sure you know what you're getting on that paint job. Are you talking about painting the entire car, or just the new stuff? Even the new stuff, that's a good deal, but if you're repainting the whole car for that price, it very well may not be a great job. So if that's the case, find out what you can so you won't be surprised. Otherwise, keep us updated!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's a local shop that does alot of work for insurance CO. custom work, and general work as well. i asked her about the procedure.

they do normal prep work.. taping windows and large things like that, removing weather stripping and small things, they will hit the jams and the underside of the hood and the only part that the orignal color may be seen is low in the engine bay.. they offered to pull the motor to paint in there for an extra charge but i'm not gonna tack on that fee.. she showed me a car they just got done painting the day prior(waiting on customer pickup) and it looked real nice.. not show quality but definitly worth more than $900.. they are competitivly priced considering on the same street within 3 blocks there is like 4 shops.. they are the only one i found that will do a full car repaint w/o insurance.. everyone else does insurance/collision work only. she even asked if i wanted them to install the new bumper and fenders but i happily declined (cmon.. i can do that.. just don't have the supplies or know how to paint... or i'd do that too) i'm going to have them paint my door handles and my rear trunk strip as well. i verified that they knew how conisdering it was plastic and she assured me they do. more or less she explained that if when i get the car if i don't like it or i find a defect i simply point it out and it goes back in gets re prepped and re painted.. completely.. not just that spot.

only 2 down sides to the shop.. pain in the @ss to get to it, and the manager is a mexican lady.. real nice but hard to understand at times.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
sweet........ just remember, absolutely NO paint job will be as good as the factory paint job cause no shop has the kinda filtration they do. sound's really sweet though [thumb]

(hey didn't you send me a PM about a Dtec swap? I totally forgot about it [hihi])

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yeah i know that.. but oh well i can deal with it. more or less before i drive off the lot with the car i'm going to inspect every little inch of the car.. one blob, drip, bad spot, missed spot, w/e... i'm going to make them redo it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no it's a style i had seen on ebay but it looks like they are gone.. oh well i think i might go with normal stockers anyways.. i think vented fenders may be a bit too much for what i'm going for (more of a smooth almost stock look.. but not stock) you know what i mean.

·
Registered
332 Posts
bulll

sweet........ just remember, absolutely NO paint job will be as good as the factory paint job cause no shop has the kinda filtration they do. sound's really sweet though [thumb]

(hey didn't you send me a PM about a Dtec swap? I totally forgot about it [hihi])
that is Some straight out bull.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
stick with the stock fenders and the plan sounds solid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts