Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my center caps were looking pretty bad with the paint chipping and peeling, so I decided to give them a new look. I sanded them down and painted them black then added a Focus logo to them.

Before

After

What do you think?

-Ben

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
wow, that looks really nice and professionaly done. Nice work.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like it!! I like it !! [thumb]

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
alrighty that's so godly that i can't even think of how to do it....
we need a how-to for this one, i want to do this sooo bad.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
wow, thats looks like the caps came on the wheel. good job.

Is the focus painted or a sticker?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A how-to?? Well... I sanded the center caps down using a sanding wheel on my dremel. I had to use the dremel because I decided it was best to sand them right down. The oval of the Ford logo that was on them is actually indented a little. I sanded it down until it was even, then sanded it with some high grit sandpaper. Then it was on to the primer and gloss black paint. As for the Focus logo, I ordered them from Sean Grubb at izoom graphics Here. His email is [email protected] if anyone is interested. He did them in metallic silver and sent me 6 for $13.50 shipped. Not too bad I don't think. Then it was as simple as sticking them on. At first, I was gonna try and make a stencil and paint the logo on, but decided the decal was easier. And that's that! Thanks for all the comments!

-Ben

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
^
Sean does excellent work...I had him make me a complete overlay decal for my EAP 17" center caps (which until recently had the "Ford Racing" logo with a silver backing.) I'd reccomend anyone wanting a similar look going with him, the decals he supplied me with were top-notch and very reasonably-priced ($2.50 each plus $1.50 shipping for the whole order.) I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again [thumb]

Before:

After:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ Those look great! Yeah... I was really pleased with Sean as well. The decals were the perfect size and color. Very good quality. I highly recommend him for any of your decal needs!

-Ben

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Both of you did a very tasteful improvement. Nice color coordination on both! Its little details like that that mean a lot.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Lookin to hear from Sean to get some SVT overlays for my gold euro wheels. Hope to hear from him soon.

Don't think I'm handy enough to sand and paint myself.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Overlays are the way to go. I didn't on mine because my center caps are slightly curved and was worried about creases or bubbles. The sanding and painting was fairly easy though!

-Ben

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
its a lot easier to sand and paint your centercaps then it is to sand and paint the whole wheel.......
but both mods are worth it.........
i would like some new centercaps for my rims....

mmmmm....black......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts