Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some really really blacked out headlights from a member. It took a while to get them installed do to some minor flaws by the manufacturer but now that they are in there. I love them! I only have 1 problem with them now.....I can't see when I'm driving. The lenses are just to dark so I need to up the anty! The lights won't angle any further up either. The driver's side adjustment is stripped. That is ok because I have a fix for that. My thing i that in order to gain more light output I am rethinking the whole lighting setup on the front of the car. So what I am asking for is opinions, solutions, suggestions, positive feed back, negative(cons) feedback, and legality issues.

First of all here is what we are working with:

Here is my plan.... First my focus did not come with fog lights so I am currently in search of the lamps and the black plastic housings.

So as a reminder. My problem is that I am having a problem with projection. So my solution is to add a second set of HID's but instead of them being the 35watt HID's I will be needing to use 55watt HID's. I'm wanting to split the harness for the actual headlights(nighttime driving lights) I wanna make my headlights a true Hi beam / Low beam setup like in chevy trucks. I realize that I will need relays to make this work. I have already pretty much figured out the wiring as well. I will be relocating the uses of the parking lights down into the fog lights. So in other words I will have fog lights that serve a dual purpose as my blinkers too. So I will need dual filament bulbs to make that work if I use Halogens. I am going to snatch the HI beam trigger to turn on a relay to turn on the second set of HID's that will be installed into the old parking light location. The other problem is how to keep what will be the low beams on even when the high beams are on. The jist of what I'm doing if you look at the picture is I am moving "A" to "C" while still being able to use "C" as regular use fogs. "A" will stay the same as my headlights. I cannot however figure out what those bright yellowish lights that glow sometimes a spectrum of that same yellow color are. They are used primarily in Subarus. Is it an actual light bulb that gives it that color, or a tint on the fog lamp, possibly a 3000k HID like this?

The problem is if that it is in fact an HID kit that gives those subabus that look I will have to find a halogen that will give the similar look and light output. The reason is that if I use an HID kit as a dual purpose bulb and it blinks as my blinkers then I will be blowing bulbs and ballasts somewhere down the road. I have to use some form of a yellow light on the front that will look and serve the purpose of blinkers so the po-po won't mess with me.

My idea is incomplete and unfinished and not flawless yet. So voice your thoughts people!

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
For the fogs/turn signals, you could do a projector with a PIAA high/low bulb. You'd have to do some wiring, but you could run the harness for the parking/turn down to the fogs, and splice in a ballast there.

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's the idea. got a link to those of which you speak?

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks. Anyone else wanna drop a couple cents....lol?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts