Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased my second vehicle, a 2013 Focus SE. It came equipped with leather, sync, powershift, 6 speed auto, ect. I ended up getting it because my 99' Ranger was on its last leg. I traded it in for the focus. Anyway, here are some pics:

DSC01457 by JadenLeo, on Flickr

DSC01452 by JadenLeo, on Flickr

My old Ranger:

DSC01441 by JadenLeo, on Flickr

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welcome, looks good man! Love those wheels. I'm sure you will find a lot of love for your red sedan here!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, looks good man! Love those wheels. I'm sure you will find a lot of love for your red sedan here!
Thanks, I love the wheels also!

I do have one question though, the license plate light assembly is gone. There is no bulb or even a housing to hold the bulb. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get one? I can get a pic of what's there tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Thanks, I love the wheels also!

I do have one question though, the license plate light assembly is gone. There is no bulb or even a housing to hold the bulb. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get one? I can get a pic of what's there tomorrow.
I can tell you that the plate light's are an LED assembly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can tell you that the plate light's are an LED assembly.
Thanks, if I can't find it online I will just run to ford and see if I can get it from there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Tint is definitely a must. I love my black projector headlights with the led. I used to have your chrome ones and originally I used lamix tint on them until I wanted to shell out the money on new lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gorgeous photos and car! Congratulations. You're going to love the car if you don't already—can't go wrong with the 201A package as well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gorgeous photos and car! Congratulations. You're going to love the car if you don't already—can't go wrong with the 201A package as well.
Thanks! Photography is a fun hobby and my vehicles tend to be my subjects most of the time so expect more pics.

I do gotta say that I love cruising around in the car. It is very peppy especially in sport mode. I was really surprised when I test drove it.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Consider a tune. It will wake it up.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ended up getting it because my 99' Ranger was on its last leg.
This is funny, as a former Ranger owner and enthusiast, I can honestly say that if any Ranger I've owned had a "last leg" I wasn't able to find it, those things just ran forever...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is funny, as a former Ranger owner and enthusiast, I can honestly say that if any Ranger I've owned had a "last leg" I wasn't able to find it, those things just ran forever...
I had just recently replaced the head gasket, radiator, heater core, fixed the 4wd for the second time in 2 years, and the trans!mission was starting to slip. I couldn't put anymore money into it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's just some of the recent stuff. I have also only put 9k miles on the truck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had just recently replaced the head gasket, radiator, heater core, fixed the 4wd for the second time in 2 years, and the trans!mission was starting to slip. I couldn't put anymore money into it.
Welcome to the focus forums. I went from a 98 ranger to 2012 SEL. Loved that truck, I drove it for 9 years. Largest repair was a new radiator. It served me well.

Loving the focus, fun to drive, leather and all that good stuff. And best part is I will have it paid off in about 12 more months.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to the focus forums. I went from a 98 ranger to 2012 SEL. Loved that truck, I drove it for 9 years. Largest repair was a new radiator. It served me well.

Loving the focus, fun to drive, leather and all that good stuff. And best part is I will have it paid off in about 12 more months.
We are a lot alike then! I drove my 99 for three years. While it was a fun vehicle, I must have gotten a lemon.

I also am really happy with my focus. Its nearly fully loaded and a quick little thing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just an update that I fixed the license plate light assembly. I now have a functional light and a button to pop the truck.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Congrats, that 201A package ads quite a bit, I have a bare SE... What you have is actually called Selecshift, since you have a manual mode... My 13 SE didn't get that, the wheels, leather, sunroof, fog lights or even rear disk brakes... yours is a FULLY loaded SE.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
What you have is actually called Selecshift, since you have a manual mode...
Actually that's only half correct.

The automatic transmission is still the PowerShift DCT. Selectshift is just Ford's trademarked name for their manual shifting mode and applies to any automatic with said feature.

You can have a PowerShift DCT without SelectShift, and you can have any other Ford automatic transmission with SelectShift so they are not tied together.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts