Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kk, so ive been wanting to do this for awhile, so i finally started thanks to the great how-to [ffrocks]

i bought the closest color paint to my car i could find, some glossy clear coat, some 1000 grit sand paper, and started what i think is going to look great! before i did the entire interior i did just my ash tray to see how the color looks, and i love it. now mind you i took the interior pics at night, but heres a pic of the ash tray and my car to see how greatly the colors match. i plan on doing the rest either 2moro or the next day, im gunna do the gauge cluster trim, part of the center console, inside door handle inserts, the header unit bezel, and possibly the glove compartment door. ill post pics as soon as its done! [thumb]

heres the ash tray...

and heres the car [cool]

ill post the rest when im done [grinking]

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks good so far!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
looks good, dont go overboard, and ditch the aem sticker ;)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha i didnt even put the AEM vinyl there, that was there from the owner b4 me. but i plan on putting a few more vinyls above n below it to vertically line up with it, so im gunna leave it there. but im glad u guys think it looks good, im so happy with the color =) ill post pics as soon as its done, make sure to check back!! =D id love some feedback

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
Did you actually looked up the paint code and buy paint that matches, or did you say 'eh close enough?' Just asking becuase I know at murray's at least and probably other auto parts stores, next to the paint there is a book where you can look up your cars model/year and then the color and it will tell you a part# for the paint this is the exact color of your car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
looks good, couple of my mates have done it and got 'addicted' though so as zx360 said dont go overboard and do too much :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha nope, im just doing gauge cluster bezel, radio/ac bezel, n door handle inserts. possible the front of the center console... not sure yet. paint is drying now for the gauge cluster and door handle inserts... pics up hopefully 2nite! =D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
woo! finally finished the gauge cluster trim and door handle inserts. the final coat of clear coat is drying overnight right now, ill have pics up 2moro. after that ill just have the header unit bezel and the center console to do. [thumb] pics coming soon!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
haha i didnt even put the AEM vinyl there, that was there from the owner b4 me. but i plan on putting a few more vinyls above n below it to vertically line up with it, so im gunna leave it there. id love some feedback
Please don't! Ricers do that crap, and its not cool by any means.
If you put any decals, at least put them on the windows, and keep it to a minimum.
Decals just add clutter and take away from an otherwise clean looking car.

Good job on the paint so far man. Looks like it matches nicely.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i agree with loudfocus they just take away from the shiny paint that we all wax so much lol..but seriously that looks like something a honda would have

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kk, pics are finally here! i drove it aruond all day, n got a TON of positive feedback. i hope you guys like it too! [thankyou]

and btw, these pics really dont do the paint job justice. it glows great in the sun, n the reds really deeper than it looks. but i hope u get the idea! [grinking]

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[thumb] ? [thumbd] ?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I think it looks pretty sweet! I would leave it at that cause i have seen some cars that went WAY to far with the "painting trim" and it looked like crap. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya, i think thats all im gunna do, i wanna keep it pro looking, not ridiculously over-painted n ricey. i must say, im prety happy with the outcome [wiggle]

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its 6 coats of the closest color match dupli-color, then 3 coast of painter's touch glossy clear coat. =D

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
nice dude. As long as your painting stuff, you should do your mirror caps and hatch trim.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice dude. As long as your painting stuff, you should do your mirror caps and hatch trim.
ya, but this paint isnt an exact match, n I dont really wanna have to buy more paint [:p] maybe I'll do it in the future. i don't wanna get paint crazy. for now, i got a big list of others things to do like cfm short antenna, red LED signal mirrors, front lip, some projector halos, n so on. so i gotta really budget my time n money [driving]

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yup [thumb] simple n clean

1 - 20 of 36 Posts