Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i just installed my shortram intake. I have to say the sound is amazing. However Ive noticed that ever since the intake was installed the car is now shifting a little bit harder through all its gears. It almost feels like the shifting of a manual. but I have an automatic ;0

Is this something usual? Or is it just because of the car still resetting itself?

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Do you have a tune?

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Did you pull the battery cable off for a few mins and reconnect and go through the relearning procedure?

·
Registered
716 Posts
You have to let it idle about 5 mins or so before you drive it after reconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i disconnected the negtive battery cable and then reconnected it after like 15 min. then i proceded to drive around and my check engine ligt came on. i decided to stop by advance and have them tell me the code. The woman said that it was running lean.

What could be causing this? And how can I fix it?

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
What intake was it? are there any leaks?

and yes that's what I meant. Let the car idle to operating temps and cycle the AC a bit

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've seen a popular tuner (Tom) on here stating that installing a SRI can cause the engine to run lean, meaning there is too much air in the fuel/air mixture/ratio. Of course, the suggested resolution for it was to get a tune.

My engine developed a little bit of spark knock after I installed my SRI, which was also mentioned in the tuner's post - possible issues with spark knock. I will be getting a tune sooner or later, but I started running premium fuel and the spark knock is gone. Do you run 91 octane or better? 93? I'm in Canada and all that's readily available is 91 octane.

·
Registered
716 Posts
A tune is definitely a good idea and well worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts