Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard mixed things from numerous people about running short ram vs. the stock airbox due sucking in hot air from the engine bay.....so I have thought up an idea I think may work best. So I right now I have an HIA short ram on. My plan is to mate the intake tube from the short ram to the factory MAF housing and air box, may take alittle cutting and maybe a silcon adapter or something but I think it will mate up close. Then the other part of my idea was to take the snorkel, well the tube that runs under the battery, have a muffler shop bend a piece of 3in pipe to match that and run that instead. Seems like it would draw air in better with a solid pipe instead of that flimsy perforated thing whatever its made of. This is just an idea right now but i may go ahead and give it a try and see how it works, atleast mating the air box and SR tube together.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow only 4 views?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mike 1 said:
Couldnt you use a pipercross intake?
Possibly could....but i dont have the extra money...im looking to spend minimal money and use parts i have. I sorta mocked it up today and it seems like it will work pretty easy. I think im gonna do it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
DO IT!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
napropalene hose, aluminum pipe, some clamps and you will be good. maybe 50 bux

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
project2point said:
napropalene hose, aluminum pipe, some clamps and you will be good. maybe 50 bux
thats what im thinkin. Like i said, i put the air box back in and put the MAF housing on it and looks like i will only need a small length of silcone hose to connect it. Then the hardpipe for the front air scoop im guessin will cost at max will be $20. But i also forgot i gave my K&N to my friend....crap, ill have to buy another one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts