Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've done basic installs of regular cd players,but now im trying to tackle the AVH-5000dvd by pioneer. i want to know what plugs i need to hook up my amp,because i dont see a regular RCA plug?!? oh and the remote wire plug too. One last thing, how to disable the parking brake video playback.
Any help is well apriciated

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
ok i have the 4000 pretty much the same...the parking brake just ground it and put a switch on it(but it is illegal to watch video while driving). And the RCA's i believe when you purchase the wire harness you will get two plugs. The main one for all the speakers and power and then a smaller one for the RCA's.

Like so...

As for the remote it should tell you in the instructions.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
there should be words or names of the wires on the wire itself. There should be a red and white RCA cable for ur amp. Its been awhile since i was behind my screen. Check ur box to see if it has wiring instructions or a layout of everything

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've never seen a plug like that and i dont think its illegal in CA unless there's just ALOT of people that are doing it illegal.I know i wont be able to unless parking brake is on.Jensen,you can go into the actual system settings and turn it off but thats a really old model. I'm sure one of these MECP tech's can help there just holding back lol GRRR

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
i know about the code cause phase linear uv8 where u could go into the system and turn it off. let me look for u

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I'm pretty sure you just have to ground the parking brake wire...I would try that before you start moving wires. Thats all i had to do on the AVH-P4000DVD and it works fine.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
mine actually had code u can put it using the controller and it had an option to turn off the warning. U can put a switch to it and ground it.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea i took the wire ran it to a simple switch and then to a ground and all i have to do is put the switch in on position and i can play it whenever i want.

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess im having to do that,I ask casue i seen a vid about a guy with a jensen who went right inton the system settings and turned parking brake override OFF so i thought i'd ask.
I'll post when i get it on how to ground the wire and mabye it'll become a STICKY!

Also where do i put the Plug for the RCA wires and what plug for AUX-RCA(Red,Yellow)

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea pioneer has a different set-up and a ground works just fine on most of there units. I know some have a motion gyro deal the senses motion and there is no way around it so just hop yours doesn't have that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If it is illegal in your state, with I think is in All.

I would suggest hooking it up to a 3 way switch. One the connects to the parking brake and then another that is straight ground. So you can bypass it if you choose, but if you get pulled over, flip it to the parking brake to show that they must have been seeing things, and that you have it installed correctly.

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah,Thats sounds alot more asuring! i'll be picking up a switch today!! i'll also be taking pics!

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so i got it installed on friday and the speakers would static in and out....so i thought that mabye i did something to the tuner box. we'll nothing, now i dont hear anything! i've triple checked the audio wiring + and - . Now when the source changes the front right speaker has a popping sound. WHATS HAPPENING!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
well the only thing i can think of is your connections. How did you connect the wires? (butt connectors, tape, solder,etc.)

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i've talked around on another audio forum and the say my internal amp blew so im hoping warranty covers it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts