·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i found some old thread about the same thing in tha archives after i posted.... it said that the new deck needs to have "adjustable/low-pass sub out " how can find out if the deck i bought... the one in my post above.. has this?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
your radio that you bought has the connection you need to use the factory sub so no worries...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
your radio that you bought has the connection you need to use the factory sub so no worries...
sweet so i dont have to do any splicein or butt connecters then?

i might just get circutcity to do it though that will cost like 50 bucks...... but if it as as easy has ppl say...{even for a noob like me} then i might just do it my self... as long as there isnt much spliceing involved.... knowing my luck ill connect tha wrong wire...

and 1 more thing will this sub work with the stock amp? i know the stock amp is like 290w peak.... the sub wont sound as good as it can but will it still work?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8899_Rockford+Fosgate+Punch+P2D48.html

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
you still have to splice into the three wires shown in that diagram to use the factory sub....when you change out the sub though for that kicker sub you are going to need a new amp since im sure the factory amp would not be able to handle a 2 ohm load

when i was talking about the radio you have has the connections i meant it has the sub preout with sub level adjustment

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
i feel really stupid right now guys but im not really understanding the picture all to much right now. what does the RCA shield mean? and what is the point of showing the steering wheel control wire...like how do you still keep those controls? and i was wondering if anybody has a better picture of whats in the red circle or if they could explain it better. I know its alot of questions but im an extreme newb at this but im sure someone can explain it well. thanks!!

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
plz someone...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts