Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its my first shot at fabricating anything...i think it came out okay.. a few imperfections but i can live with it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I like the head unit very nice. As for the focus on the inside idk, but to each his own. Maybe painted? hmm dunno. But still very nice HU nice clean install lookin good.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Looks good. Have any more shots? I'm actually in the middle of an ongoing D3 install in my SVT. I haven't had time to pull the trim panel and start fabbing yet, so for now, it's just laying in the opening.

I'm assuming you fiberglassed it?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
is there a how to for making the double din hole? i'd love to do this instead of having a chisy mou nt from best buy in there.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
There is no how to. The factory hole is just shy of double DIN, so to make it that size requires some custom work. Usually, it means taking off the plastic trim panel that goes around the deck (the big one that goes around the HVAC controls) and then making the hole the right size by cutting and fiberglassing it...

At least I'm assuming that's what was done here...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i just cut the stereo surround and used a double din frame for fitting...i used body filler for the gaps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts