Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

now before anyone says wah wah no hids in stock housings...

the hid bulb has a reflector just as the 9003 bulb does so that it does NOT act as a high beam. which is something i've never seen before but it is a really smart idea and fix to the hid in stock housings problem. so yup tell me what u think!~[woot]

EDIT!!!!:the cutoff. lol

·
Registered
900 Posts
looks good...do ya think that you could get a cut off pic?

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
id like to see cut off pics.

the look ok. the eyelids look great. one of my favorite focus mods actually.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah ill get a cut off pic tonite. the "throw" is not as good as projectors. but i could not be happier. it also seems wider than halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
531 Posts
where did you find the eye lids. are they real peices of plastic or just stickers.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Not bad, not too bright either....alittle too blue for my tastes but. Also arent the bulbs you talking about basically the same as bi-xenon HID's? Its one bulb for hi and low beams.

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah they look a little blue but with the eyelids on teh headlight its definitely more aggressive. nice job

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANX GUYS!!! i got the bulbs and kit at ddm tuning dot com. the raptor kit. i wasnt expecting it to come with a reflector but it did which helped.

the eyelids are custom made while at work. lol i went to a sign shop and got some scrap black vinyl and just went to work with a razorblade.

as far as being like bi-xenons/..... ive never seen a bi-xenon.

and they arent THAT blue. to be honest, the camera is kinda cheap. its like 6 years old its a sony cyber shot 4.1 mega pixel with a broken screen so its stuck on non flash mode. lol

thanx for the replies guys. lol

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
the front of your car looks mean! i like it, how did you do your foglights? the yellow tint spray stuff or like laminx? just wondering i want to do mine when it gets warmer but dont know how i should do it.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
not too shabby. i wonder if having the eyelids helped with the cut off issues most people have with hid's

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they are 10k's raptor kit from ddm tuning. thanx for the comments guys. um... yellow tint i got at a honda performance shop. lol ONE6 motorsports. it is ok. but im getting yellow hids anyway. hehe..... um.... ya the eyelids are ok far away.... lol but they are vinyl and were put on my an amateur.... me! lol so i will paint my new housings. hopefully i can get my hand on some stock svt housings.

the one reason i sprayed my fogs and not laminx was cuz i hear the white light shines through the sides of the fog light where u cant put the laminx. but idk. so i painted my fogs and did a few clear coats for protection.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Looks pretty good, though I would have gone with lower K rated bulbs... but I wouldnt put them is stock housings either. But you have a nice fofo none the less!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey thanx. yea the camera kinda makes them look bluer. but i know im a rebel for putting them in stocks. hehe. but it came with a reflector like the 9003 bulbs have inside the bulb but alot bigger and covers the whole hid bulb

·
Registered
579 Posts
i got the 6000k raptor kit from ddm tuning. i was actually confused as to what that reflector thing was when i got them. so basically im not gunna be able to use the low beam in my projectors?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
the DDM site is the cheapest i have ever seen the apexcone kits.

i hope the H7 bulbs have the shield as well. anyone know if its only the Raptor kits that have the shield. i already have an Apexcone setup. i wonder if i can just buy the bulbs?? ill have to contact them about that. id love to have HID's in my up-coming InPro's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts