·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
i think you're going to blind people. aim them down moreeeeeee

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
It burns!

Take a picture of your beam shot at a wall and post it.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
haha Nahhhhh lol, well okie, seeing people flying off cliffs (but not getting hurt) sounds AWESOME!!!! lol oh and there car exploding (with out them getting hurt?)
ok...uh...you are blinding people. fix them.

·
Registered
900 Posts
or you could take take them out completely and wait until you get some projectors to put them in...or even retrofit some HID projectors in them...because you are really going to piss people off with them...and i know your all excited about you first mod just try not to do something because it just looks cool make sure you know that it is safe too.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
^^ +1

I totally agree.

Join HID Planet and read up over there. I will eventually do a Bi-Xenon retrofit.

And when i do, i will get results just like this

THAT is real HID's.

When you do a retro, you could still use the ballast. You would need to mod the harness and what not though.

·
Registered
851 Posts
^^^ Is this guy for real.... Look most of the folks on here know what they are talking about. If you think thats not bright.. well then your not very bright. Sorry i'm not really trying to put you down, but make sure to do your homework. Just because you don't have to squint when looking directly at them doesn't mean they aren't bright.[8D] . BTW [welcome]

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
if this thread goes where i think its going, it will get locked.

again, for all the people that are nice to oncoming traffic....

NO PROJECTORS? NO HID'S!!!!

hids are NOT designed for the stock focus housings.

you ARE blinding people. if you aim them down to the point where you arent blinding oncoming traffic, you will be aiming them so low that your road visibilty will be shit.

i too suggest that you remove the HID's and get a good quality halogen bulb.

thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
let me put it this way.. i gaurantee you that if you drive that car here in my area... wait you wouldn't get into the area, the base guards would ticket you for having excess lighting or disturbing the peace or some crap.

take them out and wait till you get projectors.. nice idea but it's one of those that just doesn't work.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
If you remove them, keep them. you can still use it for when you do a retrofit.

I have silverstar ultras in mine, and the light output is very nice. I can get pics if needed.

Get some philips XP X-treme power +80 bulbs or osram 65/70 watts. They are supposed to be leaps and bounds over silverstars.

And were here to guide you in the right direction [;)]

·
Registered
531 Posts
I purchased some projectors for my car a few months ago with some hopes of going with a set of HID's in the low beams. got the projectors in and has a sticker on headlights saying NO HID and some other stuff after it in a diff language i cant understand. talked to one of my friends that said the opening for the buld is too small. that he had installed a set on his mustang with projectors and had to use a drimmel tool to bore out alittle bit of the casting. was also told by someone else that the HID's produce more heat and therefore the warning is prolly because the houseing cant take the heat produced and will prolly melt. i need some clarification and was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem with there projectors?

heres a pic of the projectors to see if anyone else has these

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
dont hids make less heat? maby they ment not to use them in the high beams becuse the projector is the low

side note* i love your bumper

·
Registered
900 Posts
svtcliff...i have the same headlights as you and the reason they say that you can't use HID's in them is because they wont project right on the road...but, i put HID's in mine and there is a cutoff but there are some dark spots on the road.

this is probably what your light out put will look like...I'm going to do a retrofit with an acura TSX projector whenever i get the money and time.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well umm, i bought them off ebay, and these are for the stock housing, and projector housing, the light bulb box says HID "look" and they look so bright because i was real close to them when i took the pic...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
wow do all projectors make dark spots?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts