Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got a 2006 Focus ST 3 days ago, and I'm ready to add some power to it, so far I'v looked at CAI (marcy, and focusport, and K&N) but that's all I'v really seen as far as performance upgrades. Help me out.

·
Registered
557 Posts
welcome. intake is a great first mod!!!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
there is also an aem cai (i think), cosworth cai, and there is also the steeda short ram intake

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
sweet you're from waco, not too far away from where i am.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i was thinking that a CAI would be the best first mod, my exhaust sounds actually pretty good, I'm not sure if the person before me put an exhaust on or if it just sounds that good stock

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah the ST's sound quite nice stock, but I still changed mine to a Magnaflow. The cai is definately the way to go, I just have to figure out which way I'm gonna go. I'm thinking Marcy but I'm not sure yet.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
I have to recommend Focus Sport, since it's what I have. The filter points up at a 45 degree angle, unlike (I think.. I may be wrong) the MM cai.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks I was thinking about the Focus sport as well and hadn't been informed about the tipp being elevated. Any good sites to go to for the Focuys Sport? I originally wanted to go with AEM but I have been informed of some issues with it and the MAF. Thanks a bunch, no my decision gets even harder! lol

·
☼
7,494 Posts
www.focussport.com

I'd look at your options, first.. but I replaced the ITG filter with a K&N filter (I had a Steeda SRI before my CAI.. traded with someone, he kept his ITG and I kept my K&N) and put a drycharger filter wrap on it so if I splash water on it I don't have to worry.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Drycharger filter wrap?You if I saw it I'd probably know exactally what you weere talking about but I can't wrap my brain around it right now. What is that?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Howdo, n' welcome

·
☼
7,494 Posts
No, not really. It just keeps my obsessive compulsive water-fearing nerves at bay when I'm driving around in the rain. I put my hand in the wrap, ran it under the sink for a little bit, then found my hand was still dry.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Algorhythm said:
It is a hydrophobic wrap for the K&N filter.
In other words it's a special material that goes over the outside of the filter that keeps water out and still lets air in. This keeps any spray and splash from the oiled cotton filter media.

My guess is that if you submerge the entire filter in water you would hydrolock with or without the wrap. Maybe (just a total guess) the wrap would give you another second or two!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Does the wrap hurt performance? Where can you buy this at?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts