Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of my 2002 SVT Focus. I bought the car in February '06 and these pics will go in chronological order. Many of the pics are of crappy quality and those pics were taken with my cell camera.
I saw the car on the lot at the Ford dealer I work at, and I asked to take it on a test drive to school (school is about 25 minutes away) and they let me. I skipped my last class to just go driving, and driving is what I did...for about 5 hours. I fell in love with the car and I bought it for $11,700 with 48,000 or so on the odo.
First are pics from the test drive...Actually taken in Rhode Island...it was quite a test drive

These are back in Old Saybrook CT at a boat launch on the same day.

Sooo then I bought the car, drove it for a week (until Valentines day, no less)...Never had a chance to take pictures of it until...
god I hate these pictures

Crash pics in East Lyme, CT

Yeah ouch is right. I was alright, but my car was [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ed. (and so is this queer censor)

At the bodyshop in New London, CT

After the body work in Norwich, CT

Under I-95 in Old Saybrook CT

Now...the upside to this is that since I work for a Ford dealer (NOT the one the body work was done at, but one of my friends/coworkers knows the body shop guy). Anyway, I got employee pricing on the parts (at cost) so all the money they saved from the insurance check ($6,600 or so) went into my pocket. So since I got employee pricing on the parts, they cut me a check for $1,049, so I was able to fund the tint...and some other things that come in later pics.

At the beach with tint in Niantic CT

Also, with the insurance money, I coul afford these babies

Taken in my family room in East Lyme, CT

New wheels mounted at Plaza Ford (buy a car from Bill Coleman) in East Lyme, CT

And yeah...that last one is me...I been pimped...

And that basically bring you up to today. Hope you enjoyed the pictures and the heart warming story.

Questions or comments can be sent telepathically or just posted here. [:)]

PS: I love imageshack!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I really wanted some of those ford rally's, but they clash pretty badly with my silver paint. They look good on that svt though [thumb].

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol yeah..the white/red contrast looks great! I ended up paying $349 + $80 in shipping which was a grand total of $429 for 4 brand new wheels offa Ebay, which was a good deal! I still see the same wheels on ebay quite often for the same price.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Looks great, nice ride ! Those wheels do really go well with the red, I was suprised. [thumb]

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
those wheels look great

and look at the accident in a good way... you got that gay dealer decal off your hatch! kinda an extreme way to do it but it worked!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
The white wheels REALLY set it off.. VERY nice....

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
nice ride, reds so good, but those wheels, to skinny of spokes for my liking

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jaimz22 said:
those wheels look great

and look at the accident in a good way... you got that gay dealer decal off your hatch! kinda an extreme way to do it but it worked!

Lol...That gay dealer is the one that gives me my paycheck. But yes, that is a plus...The bigger plus is that accident funded the wheels I bought and the tint...and then some.

If I had to go back in time, I'd want to get hit again. I know it sounds crazy, but the pros outweigh the cons.[paranoid]

Thanks for all the comments guys!

·
Registered
160 Posts
haha that car is the best i love riding in it
its got like what 500 hp?
haha just kidding but it is a fun car
next project on that red svt is a 12" memphis subwoofer and a emphis amp
the car is gunna jump up offf the road

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heh, yeah maybe. That would be my cousin that's semi-helping me with the audio problem I'm having. The place I went to has a special till the end of July--12 inch sub and amp for $299...tempting to say the least.

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
Very nice! I'm surprised how much I like the white wheels, too! They look great with the red.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
very nice pics. i normally don't like white rims, but they look pretty badass on the infra red svt [thumb] sucks about the accident and good it got repaired. i was hit by a deer and costed $10k. wish i worked at ford as i could of gotten like 3k in my pocket then.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
Mr. Bill said:
Lol...That gay dealer is the one that gives me my paycheck. But yes, that is a plus...The bigger plus is that accident funded the wheels I bought and the tint...and then some.

If I had to go back in time, I'd want to get hit again. I know it sounds crazy, but the pros outweigh the cons.[paranoid]

Thanks for all the comments guys!
lol i didn't say the dealer was gay, i said the decal was gay.. when i bought my car i told them that if i come to get it and it has a dealer decal on it i wasn't going to buy it.. guess what.. no decal!

i think dealer decals hurt the apearance of a car so badly. specually that uber huge one that was on your sexy sexy svt

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah and the funny thing is, I'm the guy that cleans the cars when they get sold. Well, I'm more like the second shift guy..part time anyway. I'd have taken it off if I had a chance to clean the car. Even in the accident pics, the car is nice and shiny. And that was the day after our "blizzard" in New England...what BS that blizzard was...

Edit--And uhhh..how do I get an avatar?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
there is always an upside to some d-bad douching your car... new parts!! sure its a PITA and it pisses you off... but in the long run your car ends up sexier then ever...

·
Registered
301 Posts
I saw a red SVT just like that at masquamacut(sp) beach NH last weekend. I cant remember the rims but it was a hot lookin red svt zx3.
I dont see to many people on here from CT let alone my area. if you see some guy in a copper zx3 wave at you its probably me. I usually wave to any good lookin foci that I pass, but usually its some 70+ year old grandma driving it ....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts