Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am like one day new to this site and am going to ask a question that has been I'm sure beat up a million times. I have a '07 2.0 5 speed coupe s model. Really want to do her up but have no idea where to start. For example what should I do first, intake, exhaust, turbo, suspension kit, ect?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
the stickies are very helpful with this you should read a couple(= but here ill push you in the right direction: Cai, Tune, Exhaust. its an affective 20+hp gain and the car will also be funner to drive(=
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
the stickies are very helpful with this you should read a couple(= but here ill push you in the right direction: Cai, Tune, Exhaust. its an affective 20+hp gain and the car will also be funner to drive(=
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!
I'll do the oposite [:D]

Suspsension first, doesnt matter how fast or how much power the car makes if you cant enjoy it in the twisties! Search this forum and read the stickies there. A great budget setup that will improve handle and give you a modest drop you should research is the FRPP kit or if you want more extreme you can look into coil overs. Then upgrading things from sway bars to bushings and tires/wheels will help also.

To the OP, it just really depends on what your goals are, how you plan on driving the car and your budget. You cant really go wrong doing any of the mods crice8 mentioned first or going suspension first, both will make the car more enjoyable. Just figure out what will work best for you. If money isnt an issue then look into a turbo kit (FSwerks is a reputable company,) some quality coil overs, sticky tires, light weight wheels, upgraded internals, ect... But if you have a budget, then doing things you can add like CAI/Exhaust/Suspension pieces as you progress is a good plan.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
It all depends on your budget , I did all my mods over a period of about 3 years . I started out from the bottom up with rims and tires , then suspension , intake , exhaust , then tune and then header then throttle body and then Wideband. Now I'm working on my stereo system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts