Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Halo/Projectoer headlights **Now with some night pics**

I installed them Friday. I wired the halos up to the foglights cause i'm lazy. I'm pretty happy with the lights the projectors are omfg crazy bright. The bulbs are h7 low and h1 high. Here are some pics sorry it isn't dark out so u can't see the halo very well but if u guys really want i'll run out later tonight and take some pics in the dark.

Here are the Night pics sorry i fuxed up o nthe 1st one the flash made it look like there was light coming from the headlights butthere actually wasn't. On the 2nd night pic there is actually light coming from the low beam light where as i nthe 1st there isn't only halos are on but the flash creates the illusion that the low beam is on...anyway u get the idea

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
they look great solaris. i would try to get the clear bumper lenses too. it would look great on your ride

·
Registered
966 Posts
Very nice. It would be cool to get some at night shots!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fabster82 said:
they look great solaris. i would try to get the clear bumper lenses too. it would look great on your ride
I had the clear bumber signlas and sold them cuz i hated them.

jpickles said:
Very nice. It would be cool to get some at night shots!
i'll take some and post on about 2 hours

·
Registered
580 Posts
damn.

i really dig the halos. i'd also like to find smoke tinted (or clear) grille turn signals to get rid of the orange ones. i saw them on a car going down the street here in seattle (clear ones), but i couldn't catch the guy (on foot) before the next light turned to ask him where he got 'em.

is there a market for the stock headlights you unbolt as replacements or anything? i always see them listed on eBay. i just hate the idea of taking off perfectly usable parts and then sticking them in a closet somewhere to collect dust, or worse- dumpstering them.

kickass lights though. did you have any problems with the harness, or have they worked all that out? i know when these kits first appeared the instructions were a little lacking and/or scary (like hacking your wiring harness to install them).

·
Registered
580 Posts
clear bumper lenses are everywhere... clear turn signals are not. i've been searching for a while. so many places have the same stuff, and google doesn't help 'cause searching for 'clear lenses' gets you 10^12 "import" part websites.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Wow. Those look a lot better then I thought. Very nice.

·
Registered
446 Posts
those look terrible, i cant believe you would put something like that on your car

jk ....... they look sweet [thumb]
biter [:p]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
213 Posts
Heh, i guess I'm the only one who doesn't like those lights, it's weird though, like if i just look at the lights when they're not in the car, they look pretty sweet, but then i seem them ON the car and like, they're ruined, they just seem out of place, but hey, if you guys all like them, then that's cool.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know my projectors had a stupid wiring harness which meant I had to play surgeonon the factory wiring harness, how was the wiring on these??, was it just plug and play??

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
There are 3 wires on the stock Headlight connector.
The two green ones had to be cut, spliced and swapped to make the normal and high beam work correctly. The stock connector plugs in to the HL without modification.
Other than that, the install was a cinch...[:D]

·
Registered
236 Posts
sweet, I think I might be getting them. All I have to do is find a buyer for the projectors i have

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Solaris! Looks sharp!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts