Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone.

I just bought an 08 focus s (Plain-Jane), 5 speed 2.0 with 52000 miles on it. I want to get an and familiarize myself with some performance upgrades that I can do-I'm an 18 year old college kid that works full time also, so not an unlimited budget

That being said, I was thinking new intake, exhaust, a tune? Maybe lowering springs? Any feedback/advice on brands and types of whatever to get would be greatly appreciated! [hihi]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I'm relatively mechanically inclined. I worked in a garage for 2 years and I'm pretty familiar with ford and their engines, I worked on crown Vic's and police interceptors. And my previous and first vehicle was an 02 f150

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yep, intake, tune, exhaust, and start from there. Tom (above) is who you want a tune from. A+ guy. Check out FSwerks, Central Florida Motorsports, Massive Speed System, and Steeda for parts. Make sure you also get struts and dampers (ideally FRPP) if you install lowering springs or everyone will laugh at you. If you decide to get wheels check out Team Dynamics. That's about all you need to know to get started.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Thanks guys. I read in another post about an FRPP kit, but is it only available at certain dealers or can you get it online or what?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hello xgwhitty - check the northeast fanatics, there's a few of us around Utica.

First thing I would recommend is head up to Vinces U-Pullit and grab a rear swaybar from an older Focus and get the brackets. Makes the car handle completely different.

·
Registered
378 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum!

(if you install lowering springs or everyone will laugh at you)
...and then comment on how great your car looks while they run around in lifted 4wd Foci.

I run Eibach Sportlines and I love them. [thankyou]

Lunchbox delete, SRI, Springs, Swaybars, then go from there.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Missed something there IMHO, the quote referred to dropping without using struts/dampers to match - never as good as a matched set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How does your car ride on the sport lines Killerklown? No problems without different struts and dampers? How much drop does it give you?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
FRPPs here and they are amazing. Sportlines do sit about a half inch lower up front, but I have my reasons for not switching, the FRPPs ride really nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts