Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I'm new to the forums, matter of fact, new to the Ford industries. I just purchased my 2005 Ford Focus ST 2.3l Duratec. I must say I am very pleased with my purchase so far. No major issues yet, only a rough idle after driving the car for a couple of weeks but some new spark plugs fixed that problem up. Now I wanted to know if anybody had any advice for me starting off...I've noticed there's not many mods for this engine/car. Maybe it's because that's coming from a guy who owned a mk4 VW GTI 1.8t for 2 years. Am I missing something or is a big turbo w/ boared pistons the most I can do to my car? Help me out. Any advice/comments help. Thanks

-westyLOCAL

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
He has the 23 Micah, so he's good. Just needs some mods.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Welcome! Nice to see another 23 st around. Plenty of mods to do, first would be a balance shaft delete, poly rear motor mount, new springs/dampers and 17 inch wheels. Oh and also a CAI if you're so inclined

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
There are some pretty wild mods avail., Cosworth used this as the basis for a Formula engine & it's popular at lower levels of modification as well.

Pocketbook usually controls more than what's possible.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Your best bet is to check out other member's build threads and use that as inspiration. As others have said, the only limit is your pocketbook.

I recommend that you start with suspension. It's pretty much the best bang for your buck when it comes to shaving seconds off your lap times.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
There is a good bit of mods for your Focus

Intake
Cosi intake knock off manifold
header
larger exh
TB
Tune
Cams
Turbo and you can do turbo on stock engine with good tune

Just to name a few , what are your plans for your car , daily driver , track etc

Tom

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First I want to say thank you to everybody that responded. I've dug into it a little and have established that to start off my build I am going to be lowering her with new struts and lowering springs, following will be a balance shaft delete kit as well as a window tint and a debadge and possibly a smoke on the head/taillights. I don't see to many of these cars debadged and I'm hoping I can start something up with this mod. Give me your feedback on what your opinions are. Thanks again

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
As long as you use smoke on the headlights and not a product like VHT Niteshades you're good. Also its good you're getting lowering springs AND struts. Tint is always great. I debadged my wagon booty and she looks nicer now. I say go for it!

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
As long as you use smoke on the headlights and not a product like VHT Niteshades you're good. Also its good you're getting lowering springs AND struts. Tint is always great. I debadged my wagon booty and she looks nicer now. I say go for it!
^ as micah said, make sure you use a vinyl wrap on your headlights & tail-lights. the spray-on junk is... junk.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
I did use Niteshades on my tails. But I left my third light bar untouched and went light with the coating. I'd still recommend smoke vinyl

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you have not discovered CFM, central florida motorsports .com you should do so now. They have pretty much everything for our cars that's available. There are other places for sure. But if you want to buy it all from one place, that's it. Except tuning... leave that to Tom.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
If you have not discovered CFM, central florida motorsports .com you should do so now. They have pretty much everything for our cars that's available. There are other places for sure. But if you want to buy it all from one place, that's it. Except tuning... leave that to Tom.
This is very true. CFM has a great amount of parts for Foci. Also, you can check FSWerks, not sure how much for the ST but there's probably something.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yea debadge the trunk is a 1st mod. Do a bsd, steeda sts, lower it, add svt front brakes, that'd be a great start.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts