Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. been lurking around reading up on a little project I have going. it's a 2012 focus hatch se that my dad bought me at the insurance auction. it had a front end hit, but not bad. radiator was pushed in and ended up pulling about 5 wires off of the two harnesses that go into the ecm. I was able to save up enough money to get the body fixed, but the car wont start now. I'm imagine it has to do with the wires. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with a pinout of the ecm or ecu I don't really know what it called, but the main computer. thanks for any help!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! ok got the wiring fixed, only to find out at the auction someone had stolen all the fuses out of the car got them replaced. But the car wont even turn over. i imagine if the display dosnt say key not detected that its still programmed. display says steering assist problem see handbook. wher should i start?

·
Registered
325 Posts
If the steering is nit working right the car wont let you drive since it is all electric. Diagnose the steering, since that is what is showing on you display and move from there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed. I'm going now to work on it. I would really like to know what those wires are dedicated to. Maybe they aren't making proper contact in the harness plug. Since they were pulled out. What I did was push them back in the holes as best I could. Is my only option getting a new harness?
They were #50 #54 and 55 of the 96 pin harness.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Solder them in. Or find a harness from a wrecked car.
Also stickied in this or the ti-vct forum is a factory shop manual which will be a big help with troubleshooting and repairs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts