Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my name is Jacob and im going to be 20 in a few weeks and i am a mechanical engineering student. Just bought an 06 zx4 st with 110k. it was a good find and it will be fun daily driver/beater for me. ive got an 06 dodge ram 1500 5.7 (toy hauler) and an 00 s10 xtreme (weekend/summer toy). ive always been an s10 guy (ive had a few), my current xtreme is a v6 5 speed with 26k miles. It is factory clean but i dont drive it much, the focus should be a fun toy that i will drive all the time. ive got a supercharger and a built stroker v6 for my s10 so thats always an ongoing project. i like powersports too, ive got a yz250f, a yamaha rs rage (snowmobile), and suzuki quadrunner 250.

As for the focus i dont have huge plans, itll be my daily for the next few years. ive wanted one for a while and couldnt pass it up. it needs a front driver side fender because the previous owner wrinkled it up against something. other than that it is a clean car, i can post some pictures this weekend. Im going to do wheels, initally i wanted svt 5 spokes but found a nice set of OZ's on craigslist. probably going to pick them up later. the rest of the work on the car will just be maintenance. just want to enjoy it and keep it clean. look forward to being part of this site

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
picked these up last night. 16" OZ's in excellent condition. Brand new blizzaks. ill run them like this for now and come spring ill buy some UHP's for the oz's and put the blizzaks on the stock wheels

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Welcome!

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Welcome to the site! You should have no problem in the snow with the new blizzaks. The Focus does real good in the snow. The new rims look good also. [thumb]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill try to get more pics of it up later this week or this weekend. Ive got plenty of toys so id like to keep this thing reliable and dependable. wont be too many mods, i just want to focus on maintenance. this weekend i am going to change the spark plugs, inspect the coils, clean the MAF, clean the EGR valve, and run injector cleaner through the motor.

what else should i check? i want this thing to be running as strongly and efficiently as possible

also what are the typical maintenance/repairs for either the car itself or general 2.3 knowledge with about 100k miles? according to the previous owner, the car has a new idler pulley and belt, new clutch, new clutch cylinder, and a new t stat. im not sure what problems these engines are prone to for different mileage ranges

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
welcome!

the d2.3 engines are pretty stout, and have tons of potential for modding. As far as maintenance goes, they usually dont need much besides the standard upkeep. Ive seen more than a few of these go 200k+ without any major maintenance (besides clutch).

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Say Jacob, I'd do a bsd & lower it to start w/. You'll gain a freer revving motor & more oil capacity. Super cheap mod that makes a difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you, i was thinking about lowering it but then again it is going to be my daily all year round. i want it practical in the snow. ive got a ton of spending to do on my truck for the upcoming season so i havent really figured out a budget for the car yet. i need to find a red drivers side fender, im going to start calling some junk yards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts