Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings all, new guy here.

just picked up a 2000 zx3 [zetec] Kona edition in silver with 103,000 on the clock. the car is really clean and came with a Borla exhaust. i'm surprised how much i like this car. i removed the stock air filter and added a conical oiled filter to the stock intake tube, and kept the top of the air box off.

i hear a noise coming from the front in around town traffic, as if something is loose under the hood. i've been doing some reading on here and i think from what i've read i should look at the front sway bar bushings and shock towers.

i also hear some clutch chatter when i'm at a light. when i press the clutch pedal down while at the light the sound disappears ...? what's the remedy for this? new clutch? adjustment?

i'll post pics asap.

regards

·
Registered
52 Posts
welcome. I think your clutch chatter may be the same problem mine had. It turned out to be the throw out bearing. I tried bleeding the clutch and that helped a little but I replaced the throw out bearing and It was gone. You could try that if you have the resources to do so. Hope you like the focus, I sure like mine.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
x3 throwout bearing

As far as the engine/underhood noise can't you just pop the hodd at idle and try and narrow it down?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mechanic says yeah probably throw out bearing, to change when clutch is due.

sound is from left side control bar? some type of support rod by the front left spring? say's not dangerous ad to change when doing shocks.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Welcome!

("numbeh noyn... numbeh noyn... numbeh noyn...")

·
Registered
921 Posts
My friend's old Lancer Ralliart did the throw out bearing trick...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sound beach long island.

and it almost stalled while braking today...

i do have to put a clamp on the hose...just pushed it together...maybe..

i will also reset the comp again and let it idle for a while...hope..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts