Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd join the site since i ordered a 2012 5 door Titanium in Sterling Grey with remote start and polished alloy wheels.

Anyone else in MN?

Currently driving a 2009 WRX but need something more fuel friendly due to the 100+ mile daily commute.

I'll miss the 265hp and the AWD but i won't miss the crappy radio, higher maintenance and the 22- 29mpg that I've been getting.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
I want your car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a blast to drive, believe me. Its just to thirsty for me right now. If i didn't have such a long commute I would keep it.
But having to put premium into it every 3 days almost causes my walled to commit seppuku!

I was hoping there would be more specs on the Focus ST before i ordered, but the time frame isn't going to play nice. Let alone I don't think the ST will get near the mileage the non turbo versions will get.

I can give up the HP/TQ for now since I have a 70 Dodge Dart i'm working on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another pic from this last winter.

Going to be a LONG wait until the Focus gets here.
To have a good factory stereo again will be nice.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
boxer engine = factory stereo in that car. My plan is to pay off my 2005 ST, then buy something a lot more fun as a play car.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the ST should get similar mileage. turbo motors still get amazing gas mileage when out of boost

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the ST should get similar mileage. turbo motors still get amazing gas mileage when out of boost
As long as you can stay out of boost. Believe me its addicting.
And then you will find yourself asking yourself... Why did i buy a performance car to drive it like a 90 year old?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. Photography is a hobby that i greatly enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts